New User Help

Options

I'm new to Quicken, (using Classic on windows) I have watched a lot of the start-up videos, I have linked my accounts, and created a budget, but this software makes me feel completely incompetent. The allocated budget goals are not rolling over from last month. It's not recognizing my income deposits because the consulting firm I use put "transferred funds" in the description so Quicken thinks it's transferred from a different account, which it isn't. I can't figure how how to see what money is actually in my account, and what money has been used for the budget category because if I don't want to spend it and just leave it to roll over, it doesn't recognize it as being spent and it's not rolling it over. (yes, I clicked on the rollover toggle last month but it doesn't seem to do anything) so this months budget shows zeros for everything…. I'm soooooooooooo frustrated.

Is there a coach or someone who can help or direct me to a book that will actually help instead of just giving me the same start-up info over and over and over again? I followed the start-up menu, and nothing is matching up. Whats in the bank, and one the budget and what is actually budgeted is not lining up. What do I need to do or who can help me learn this software?

Thanks…

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ChristinaC,

Being that you are a new user, you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ChristinaC,

Being that you are a new user, you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• ChristinaC
    ChristinaC Member
    Options

Thank you…. That's exactly what I need. Thank You Soooo Much!

• Quicken Anja
    Options

You’re welcome! Glad I could help. 🙂

-Quicken Anja