System Member admin
edited May 3 in Investing (Windows)

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Portfolio Balance Doesn't Match Report Balances

Comments

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

This is in reply to the original post of April 28, I too have this problem and it has existed for quite a while. I have Quicken Premium, and always have had this version of quicken, currently on Build 27.1.56.9, ver 56.9. Financial institution TIAA and I am on Direct Connect. Checking the online balances vs what Quicken downloads never matches and has not for a while now. My accounts are IRAs and Roths. The discrepancies are in the thousands, so I do not understand why or what I can do to rectify the situation.

If anyone needs additional information please let me know, I look forward to any replies and assistance.

Thank you,

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2
    Options

Have you tried doing the troubleshooting steps mentioned above? If not, please do them and report the results here.

If you have tried doing them and are still experiencing this issue then it is likely that the cause of your issue is different. To help determine this:

1. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Reconcile Shares What is the popup message you get? If you get a message showing that you have shares discrepancies, what are the securities that have a shares discrepancy and what are those discrepancies?
    2. Click on the blue font amount of the Cash Balance at the below the register on the right. Does it show that the amount shown in Quicken and the amount downloaded by the brokerage are in agreement? If not, what is the difference?
    3. Edit > Preferences > Investments > check the box for Show hidden transactions (if it is not already checked) > OK.
    4. Below the register you should see a couple of tabs. One will be for Placeholder Entries. Do you see any Placeholders listed on this tab?

Post back here what the results are and we can take it from there.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Boatnmaniac,
    I am not running reports from my portfolio so not sure the fixes suggested would have helped so, no I didn’t do any of them. Here are the results from following your suggestions:

1. Reconciling shares indicated Quicken and the Brokerage holdings matched.
    2. The cash balance was off completely, pop up indicated what existed in Quicken vs a download amt of zero…Went back into my account got the number and made the adjustment. Now the Quicken total investment value and the and online account value total differ by several hundred, higher in Quicken.
    3. Box wasn’t checked, I checked it and updated again prior to making the adjustment in step 2 to see first if that would resolve the issue, unfortunately it did not.
    4. There were no placeholders.

so for now it is much closer to true but not exact, maybe having done step 3 will help moving forward?

I really appreciate your reply and the step by step process, thank you

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

I replied earlier on the major acct I have with infor on what I found following your steps, hope you got it.

I have two minor acts too the share reconciliation step shows many discrepancies? More so in one than the other account not sure how to handle these. If I set a placeholder to deal with it later what should I do?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@leggo - Who is the brokerage? Fidelity Investments?

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@leggo - Sorry I see you posted earlier that the brokerage is TIAA.

Are your accounts taxable brokerage accounts and rollover or traditional IRA/Roth IRA accounts? Or are they employer 401K or Roth IRA or some other type of employer tax deferred accounts?

• leggo
    leggo Member ✭✭
    Options

three Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, and a Brokerage account