System timestamps from old quicken 2012 backup?

Options

I have a backup from Quicken 2012 that I've opened in Windows Quicken 2013. Due to a family dispute, I'm trying to get a system timestamp on when each transaction was entered into the ledger. I don't see a way to view this information. It's all in a single file on the file system itself, and in Quicken, I can only see the date that was entered manually by the user. Is there no audit trail of any kind? Thanks!

Best Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. Quicken has no date tracking/audit capability.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

True full-fledged accounting softwares will have audit trail capability. But since Quicken is is primarily a personal finance management software and not a not a full-fledged accounting software it is WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get").

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No. Quicken has no date tracking/audit capability.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

True full-fledged accounting softwares will have audit trail capability. But since Quicken is is primarily a personal finance management software and not a not a full-fledged accounting software it is WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get").

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• qknuser09823
    qknuser09823 Member
    Options

I assumed this was the case but wanted to confirm. Thank you!

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since Quicken is not a true accounting program you can go back and change anything anytime. I think you can lock a transaction so it doesn't get changed. About the only thing might help is the backup date. Then you would at least know what a transaction was on that date.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.