Bank of America transactions not downloading, no error messages

Options

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Bank of America all other states - can no longer connect

Comments

• Monique1792
    Monique1792 Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I ran an update, I believe it was the one to add pending transactions. After that, my Bank of America transactions stopped updating. Nothing happens. No error messages. It says completed but no transactions are downloaded. I turned off the pending transactions feature and have reset/reauthorized my BofA accounts. Still nothing works. Any update on this issue?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Monique1792,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Per the alert, please backup your Quicken file, then try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:

1. Deactivate all the accounts associated with Bank of America.
    2. Navigate to Bank of America's website, (https://www.bankofamerica.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken.
    3. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the Bank of America accounts by using the "+" button.

If the issue persists, reset the cloud:

1. Click on "Edit"
    2. Select "Preferences"
    3. Go to the "Mobile & Web" tab
    4. Click on "Reset Cloud"

If the issue persists after you have completed these troubleshooting steps, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10595248)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Monique1792
    Monique1792 Member
    Options

Resetting the cloud appeared to work. Thanks!

• MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    Options

same issues…tried deactivation. it seemed to work, however some of my bofa accounts updated the balances, but did not download the transactions, while some did. stay tune…

• Lewis Cook
    Lewis Cook Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem and my investments have the same issue.

• David24
    David24 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 13
    Options

My BAC accounts are suddenly all deactivated, even though all 5 accounts worked properly until 6 May. I am not able to reactivate the online connection. Need an ETA. My annual renewal date is a few days away - finding it hard to renew if the features I use EVERY DAY simply disappear. As this is a known issue, likely affecting thousands of users, can we please get an ETA for a patch? Or simply roll back to a working version?

Update - finally able to link the accounts - now all Bank of America accounts have downloaded and automatically reconciled years of transactions - duplicating nearly every transaction in quicken. Thousands of transactions. I am restoring a previous backup, and will wait for the problem to be fixed.

I just determined that I have had to deactivate and reactivate all 5 accounts 4 times in July, again in September, again in February, again in April and again today - when it failed miserably. We have a problem here that indicates a severe lack of regression testing.

• David24
    David24 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Today, I tried to Validate and Repair the file - no significant errors were found.

Now, I cannot even attempt to reactivate the Bank of America connections. The error is shown below. Any suggestions?