Discover stopped updating, no errors

Options
ctslaton
ctslaton Member ✭✭

For the past couple of month Discover downloads have been acting wonky. At first it just took two downloads to get the data to come across. For the past week, nothing downloads, but one step udpate says everything downloaded. I have both Discover Card and Discover Bank on the account. I have reset it multiple times. Again, no errors, just no data downloading. I see multiple threads started on this, so was hoping another one would get someone's attention that it is a widespread problem. I was iffy on resubscribing this year, but I decided to give it one more try and this is happening. The only reason I use quicken is for the update process, if it does not work, no need for quicken.

Comments

• ctslaton
    ctslaton Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem Resolved. The fix was not just in deactivating/reactivating or resetting. You have to deactivate and remove Discover bank from the general tab in the credit card account. This lets you select Discover card services instead of Discover bank and then everything looks like it works fine.

I think the issue is that Discover links my Discover bank and Discover Card into one log in on the web (It used to required two separate log ins).

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ctslaton,

Thank you for coming back and sharing the solution you found! Hopefully it will help others encountering the same issue!

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.