Renaming rules not working for specific account

Options

Hello.

I am a long time Quicken user. For some reason the pop up renaming rule function is no longer working for my main checking account. It works for all of the other accounts as far as I can tell.

I have read a few forum posts on this and everything appears to be as it should in the preferences. The box just does not come up when I am looking at the register items. Any suggestions on this would be welcome as it is extremely frustrating. Thank you.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please explain "does not come up". Renaming rules work behind the scenes, on downloaded transactions only, and don't usually appear unless you're amending the list.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• soalivetoday
    soalivetoday Member ✭✭
    Options
    1. They are not remaining on the downloaded transactions as they normally would in this specific account
    2. The pop up box that allows you to enter or edit renaming rules is not coming up when I try to edit the downloaded transactions in this account

In the preferences section for downloaded transactions, "automatically create rules when I rename payees" is checked.

Thank you.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Options

Are you saying that, when you open the Downloaded Transactions tab in this account register, the "Renaming Rules" button (and a few others) do not show at the bottom of the tab?

In that case, drag the boundary line between the register and the tab up by a fraction of an inch, to make the tab area a little taller.

BTW, you can always access the Renaming Rules by selecting Tools / Renaming Rules.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The SuperUsers are forgetting that some people do this in the register not in the Downloaded Transactions tab.

Example:

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work in a specific account since this is a global setting.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/