Online Balance Display Improvement Request

Options
TB
TB Member ✭✭

On a desktop, with Quicken in half screen, the online balance is so far left that it is not seen. The ending balance is seen. You don't see the online balance until you enlarge the Quicken window. Why so far apart? Why not put them closer together and center them in the half screen register window?

Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What type of account are you seeing this in? Because I'm not seeing same in either a card acct (shown 1st) or a checking acct.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@NotACPA

A checking or saving account without any future transactions will show the gap as described by the OP will be present. They have a fixed position for each of the three balances whether they need to be displayed or not.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

AAAAHHH. and I have future dated txn in every banking account … even if it's only the upcoming payment to a card account or a Direct Debit utility bill which has a $0 amount because I haven't yet received the actual bill … even if I already know the due date.

So, I hadn't noticed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• veegee
    veegee Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 8
    Options

@TB Do you have 'Large Fonts' turned on? I see this problem when I have 'Large Fonts' turned on only - the # of transactions and online balance data gets shifted so far to the left that they become fully/partially invisible.

Can you check with 'Large Fonts' disabled?

Unfortunately many of us need to have larger font size.

Also, I would consider this a bug, not an improvement idea.

BIO= https://www.linkedin.com/in/venupgopal. Experience: BIO/details/experience, Education: BIO/details/education, Honors: BIO/details/honors, Skills: BIO/details/skills, Publications: BIO/details/publications, Patents: BIO/details/patents