Red Flag but no downloaded transactions

Options

Here my situation.

• Have 2 credit card accounts that are setup as on line accounts. Have been working fine.
  • Just tonight did an update. Red flags next to the accounts.
  • Open the register and no downloaded transactions. Empty.
  • Click on each of the red flags, says I have N transactions to review.
  • Note that automatic entry is OFF.
  • Go to On Line center, can see the new transactions.
  • Compare to register minimizes the On Line center, opens the register. No downloaded transactions.
  • Quick Classic Premier R55.26. Have quit and restarted. No change.
  • Have done validate and repair. No issues.

From what I have read on here:

• There are reports of uninstalling/reinstalling that might work (I have not tried this)
  • Also reports of turning off on line services (how?) and changing the account from "business" to "personal" (also no idea how to do this).
  • And reports of rebooting the PC (which I will try next).

I really need to get this working again. Of course tech support is closed in the evenings and I work the same hours they do, so no luck in getting in touch with support. I see numerous threads on here regarding the same issue but not clear to me what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 7
    Options

@Ed13 I don't know how many of the solutions you listed you tried, but if none of them work, then I would try going to the Online Center and resetting your accounts.

Go to the Online Center, then click on "Options" while holding the Ctrl and Shift keys. Then click on "Troubleshooting" and then "Refresh Online Transaction Info"

Then search for the account with the red flag issue. and check these items and click on "Refresh".

After you do this for all accounts with the issue, go back to the account registers and see if the transactions are now show under the "Downloaded Transactions" tab. If they aren't still there, then try doing an "Update Now" from the "Gear" menu in the upper right of the account register.

I am not positive this will work, but it's worth a try.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Did you look in the pending tab in Compare to Register. They will cause a red flag with no actual transactions.

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the same issue with two of my credit card accounts. Will try the above solutions.

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Got it. Hadn't realized that with the latest QW update "pending transactions" would trigger the red downloaded transaction flag. Indeed I found those transactions in the above mentioned pending tab. Thanks

• miklk
    Options

Glad you found it.

I would rather the flag not come up with pending BUT not a big deal.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@Ed13 please confirm if pending items are the cause of your red flag issue as well.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pending transactions do not put a red flag next to my accounts in the Accounts window with R56.9. Red flags only come up when there are downloaded transactions to be accepted. Once accepted, the red flag is cleared. Pending transactions are still present in the register tab.

• miklk
    Options

Strange.

For me the pending transactions definitely puts the red flag. If I click on the account, then the red glad disappeared.

• TBird
    TBird Member ✭✭
    Options

I have one account with the red flag. Clicking on the red flag shows 123 downloaded transactions to review….but there are none. Register has all the transactions and reconciles - but red flag still shows.

• Ed13
    Ed13 Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally got around to experimenting with this. In the end here is what worked. Re-installing Quicken (classic premier). Note that I was running R55.26. Checking for updates to Quicken did nothing- told me I was up to date. After the reinstalled my versions shows as 56.9. So no idea if it was the ininstall / reinstall or of there is a bug in 55.26 that is fixed in 56.9.

• TBird
    TBird Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm on 56.9 and still have the problem (on only one account). Reinstalled software - no help