See above for suggestion

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    Options

Details: Currently in the Spending tab if there is a split transaction, and you have selected one of the Categories in the split to view, it shows Split in the Category and the full amount of the transaction in the Payment or Deposit column. The amount of the selected Category is added or subtracted from the Total at the right.

The proposal is basically to have it show the split amount instead off the full amount of the transaction.

I think either of the options shown would be a big improvement.

QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry @Jim_Harman but I have to disagree. Showing $47.71 in the Payment column but $51.20 in the Total column seems incongruous to me. And confusing.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You have to look at his example carefully.

He has clicked on the Food & Dining:Groceries slice of the pie chart to select that Category.

The 1/1 transaction is not related to the proposed change.

The Total column is a running total of the Spending for the selected Category. There is no change proposed in that column.

The Idea proposes a change to the way the split transaction on 1/2 would be shown. That transaction includes 47.71 for groceries.

In the current implementation, the full 54.20 of the split transaction is shown in the Payments column but 47.71 is added to the total. That is what is confusing.

The proposal is to show just the Groceries amount in the Payments column.

QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was reacting primarily to his Option 1.

But, clicking CTRL-S is so easy that I'm not a particular fan of Option 2 either.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP