Erroneous "Skipped" Deposits

tjbuki
tjbuki Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have an ongoing problem with some 1st of the month deposits showing as being "skipped" when they're not. This problem applies to 3 of 5 deposits after performing a one-step update. All deposits are set up identically. The other 2 are OK. The only fix I can find is to change the date to the 2nd day of the month. From what I've read on the Q Community, this problem has been reported. Has there been a fix?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @tjbuki,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when this issue started? Are these reminders paycheck reminders, or are they income reminders? What interval are they set to (monthly on "X" day, daily after "XX" number of days, etc.)? When does the issue happen (For instance, is it happening after One Step Update runs specifically on the 1st of the month)? Are the problem reminders set to auto enter? Do you manually record the deposits in your register before the transaction downloads?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tjbuki

I'm unable to view my reply to your questions. Plz advise if you didn't receive it.

• tjbuki

Here are your answers:

When did you first notice this issue? About 4 months ago; don't recall exact date.

Do you recall which version of Quicken you were using when this issue started? Two or three releases ago; again, don't recall exactly.

Are these reminders paycheck reminders, or are they income reminders? Both. One paycheck reminder and two income.

What interval are they set to (monthly on "X" day, daily after "XX" number of days, etc.)? 1st of each month.

When does the issue happen (For instance, is it happening after One Step Update runs specifically on the 1st of the month)? It happens on every one step update. I change the deposits to the correct month (1st of the following month; e.g., June 1st.) and then they appear in "skipped" status. After one step update, Quicken moves the deposits to the 1st of the 2nd month (e.g., July 1st) and they appear in "auto" status.

Are the problem reminders set to auto enter? Yes, on the 1st of each month (i.e., automatically enter 0 days in advance).

Do you manually record the deposits in your register before the transaction downloads? No. I change the deposits to the correct month and then reconcile.

Since I posted this problem, I deleted and re-entered the deposits and ran auto update. They remained at the correct month. For now, I fixed the problem.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that deleting and recreating the deposits seems to have corrected the issue.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tjbuki

The problem has reoccurred. I deleted the deposits and re-entered them to no avail. It still applies to the same deposits (after online updates) I mentioned in the discussion thread. Also, paycheck wizard isn't working. It operates the same as a non-paycheck deposit. I also validated the Q file again.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If your problem reminders are set to "Auto enter [0] days in advance" …
    Have you tried setting them to [1] (or any value 1 … 28 but not greater than 31)?

One Step Update does not record Auto enter reminders that are due. Quicken does when you start it every day. If you let Quicken run over night, Auto enter reminders coming due will be entered on or shortly past midnight if the computer is awake.

About paycheck reminder problems: There are known problems which have been going on for many months. Search for relevant discussions and follow them or start your own separate discussion.

• tjbuki

Yes, I set them up to automatically enter one day prior to the deposit date. Now Quicken arbitrarily moves the deposit dates back one month (e.g., 1 Jun to 1 Jul). Also, the paycheck wizard still isn't working properly. I'm about ready to switch financial management software.

This discussion has been closed.