CC-501 Error Across All Financial Institutions

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Update not working this morning 5/14/24 on Windows 11.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time and advise that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

While the issue remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

There may be a server problem. Got the CC-501 on every financial institution this morning.

• Quicken Anja

Hello @mjonis,

I attempted a One Step Update on my own Quicken to double-check, however, I did not receive any delays or error codes myself and it completed successfully.

Typically error CC-501 self-resolves within 24 hours. If you haven't already, we recommend reviewing this support article for more information.

As stated in the article, if the error persists for more than 24 hours, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files, and will likely need to file an escalation if they see fit.

Customer Support Team phone hours of operation are 5 am - 5 pm PDT Monday-Friday.
    Chat Support is available  7 days a week from 5 am to 5 pm PDT.

-Quicken Anja

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't get new transactions from PenFed for past 20 hours.

I tried to reset PenFed Checking account and I didn't get any errors, just took long time.

However, several updates failed to get new transactions and I got CC-501 for PenFed.

I also start getting from this morning CC-501 for another accounts, while single Fidelity account got new transaction OK only.

Is this global Intuit issue and when it can be addressed?

Best Regards
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭

so far I've got CC-501

@Quicken Anja is it known issue or for a few Users only?

Any ETA for this to be addressed?

thanks

Best Regards
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Anja

Nope, problem still persists. After waiting about 30 minutes for OSU to complete, the following FI still report CC-501 " because of an error on the QUICKEN server":

TrustCo Bank

Shop Your Way Mastercard (Citi)

Home Depot Consumer Credit Card (Citi)

Best Buy Credit Card (Citi)

Note that the 3 Citibank connections are NOT the same as regular old Citibank credit cards.

IRONICALLY, it did download transactions from TrustCo Bank. So whatever is happening at Quicken with their servers it seems like it's more a slowness issue (wouldn't be the first time)

• BH1980
    BH1980 Member ✭✭

I restored my Quicken file to a back-up from the previous day. However, next time I went to sync accounts all came back with the cc-501 error. I called Quicken support and he was not helpful, after trying several fixes, he said I needed to Deactivate all of my accounts (which are many), then set them up all over again!!! I find this ridiculous, it would take a long time to do this. Anyone else have a fix for this?

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭

PenFed, Patelco CU are not working for me

Reset account didn't help

Best Regards
  • robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭

American Express Bank, TIAA-CREF Bank don't work for me anymore. Same issue. More than 24 hours.

• Joining the thread to report the same problems with the same version and Windows 11. (R56.9 27.1.56.9)
    Long slow updates with several banks failing CC-501 started a few days ago.
    Mobile not used. Mobile Sync disabled.
    Coincidentally, a couple banks had to be re-authorized for Quicken downloads around the same time this started.

• Gary Talda
    Gary Talda Member ✭✭✭

same here. CC-501 for Charles Schwab, Bank of America, and Chase for 3 days now. Quicken for Windows R56.9 build 27.1.56.9.

Just did "report a problem".

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭

Same issue here. Multiple banks & accounts not updating with error CC-501.

• EricvO
    EricvO Member ✭✭

Same issue today (5/16 @9:05am EDT) - multiple CC-501 errors across institutions:

Chase

Discover

USAA

Capital One

No mobile, sync disabled.

• TedHtttt
    TedHtttt Member ✭✭

No Schwab connection @ 15:00 EDT. CC-501.

• BH1980
    BH1980 Member ✭✭

Update: Sorry to hear many of you are having the same problem. I finally spent the time and Deactivated all of my accounts, then set them up all over again and all my accounts are now working. I am happy about that, but irritated that I had to take the time to reconfigure everything.

• emogelof
    emogelof Member ✭✭

While I am able to connect all my schwab accounts, I cannot download transactions.

I have disconnected all schwab accounts, removed access on the schwab website, then reconnected all accounts. However, I am still not able to download trasactions. I think this problem started a week or so ago.

To be clear, I am able to connect each of schwab accounts in quicken. I am unable to download transactions. All other financial services are downloading.

Quicken Release R56.9; operating on Windows 10.

• emogelof
    emogelof Member ✭✭

Here is the error message I receive.

• ASquare
    ASquare Member ✭✭

I have a couple of CDs with this institution and I tried adding a new account in Quicken but I got an error CC-501. The error message is "We apologize for the inconvenience but we are unable to access the Quicken servers at this time. Do not contact Marcus by Goldman Sachs. They cannot fix this problem. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience!"

The error happened first on May 12 and was the same on May 16. I tried deactivating the online updates for my other Savings account, and then activating again, but I am getting the same error message. I tried activating both by clicking "Activate downloads" on the page with the list of accounts, and by clicking "Set Up Now" on the Online Services tab of the individual account.

I checked my ID and password and they are correct.

I am using Quicken Deluxe on Windows and I have the latest version installed

• daisy311
    daisy311 Member

2 weeks ago after doing an update quicken started deleting transactions and hanging up in one step update. This week it just totally locked up and locked up my computer. I tried all the tips I saw in here about stuck in update, nothing worked. I even uninstalled quicken, reinstalled and went back to a copy from a month ago. none of that worked. Yesterday, I even took my computer back down to factory, reinstalled quicken, when 2 more weeks backwards on saved copies. Still the same thing, transactions missing an done step update taking 3-40 minutes to complete then the majority of my accounts have the CC-501 error. Every since Quicken changed to a subscription instead of a purchase based ownership it has gone rapidly down hill. I have been using quicken since the 90's but am seriously thinking about just going back to pen and paper for keeping up with the finances. This is just too much headache for a paid product. Are you ever going to fix it? Cause I see people complaining about this for months and months.

• Been getting cc-501 on about 1/2 my accounts for a couple of days. I tried deactivating and setting up one account but it didn't help.

• TedHtttt
    TedHtttt Member ✭✭

Went through & Deactivated/ Activated my accounts, and things were working yesterday. Today (5/17; 0720EDT) back to CC-501.

• TedHtttt
    TedHtttt Member ✭✭

Called Quicken Support who got me fixed: Deactivated my accounts, including deleting Financial Institution name and account #. Then Added Accounts back. Also logged out & back into Quicken Online. All seems good at this time for me.

• Gary Talda
    Gary Talda Member ✭✭✭

FYI Had the CC-501 with Schwab, Chase, and Bank of America. I just did a RESET account. All three institutions wanted Quicken access re-authorized. It seems to have solved the problem.

• rlosch
    rlosch Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I'm getting this error message when trying to download charges from my Amex accounts. What can I do to fix the issue?

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time and advise that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

While the issue remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• Same issues. Additionally there have been a few random old (6+ months) transactions showing up after the update completes.

• William Smith Jr
    William Smith Jr Member ✭✭✭

Is this only suppose to be an issue with Windows or is Mac affected as well? I'm running the Mac version and haven't had Chase transactions downloaded for about a week now?

• macheek
    macheek Member

Same problem, on all of my 17 accounts! i called quicken support, they couldn't fix it, so that was just a huge waste of time. they had me send the "report a problem" report, this has been going on for over 3 weeks now!

• Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18

I've been seeing this same error since 5/14/2024 when trying to download from my Meriwest CU accounts which use Express Web Connect. Deactivating all Meriwest accounts, and reactivating them didn't work. The connection was established, but nothing was downloaded though several transactions should have been brought into Quicken. The CC-501 error persists when downloads are attempted. Accounts I have with a different credit union, also using Express Web Connect, connect just fine.

Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
  • smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭

Just got five CC-501 errors.

• smichels62
    smichels62 Member ✭✭

Weird thing is, it actually downloaded transactions from two of the banks. I knew the other three shouldn't have any transactions. Yeah, weird.

This discussion has been closed.