CC-501 Error Across All Financial Institutions

2»

Answers

• Tim Johnson
    Tim Johnson Member ✭✭✭

Update to my May 18 post. When I ran the One-Step Update this morning, the transactions available were downloaded into Quicken. So far, so good. Unfortunately, the automatic reconciliation was off by the amount of the downloaded transactions!!!! The ending balance was correct according to my Meriwest account. It looks like Quicken was not considering the cleared balance, which differed by the amount of the downloaded transactions.

Tim Johnson, using Quicken since 1993.
  • mikerdoo
    mikerdoo Member ✭✭

I receive a CC-501 error just about once per week lately. It has usually "resolved itself in 24 hours", but then a few days later it happens again. Usually the same institutions, but not always. Annoying.

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭

CC-501 first time occurrence here with all Schwab accounts. Wait out for 24 is my plan. Bummer.

• Keystone435
    Keystone435 Member ✭✭

CC-501 Error this morning across all financial institutions.

• jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭✭

Same…

• Backpacker
    Backpacker Member ✭✭

All my accounts failed to update with CC-501 this morning.

• mikey
    mikey Member ✭✭

Same issue. CC-501 errors across all accounts with the exception of Wells Fargo which is just bizarre. Everything was working yesterday, no software updates between now and then.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

Our teams are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. In the meantime, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jsen215
    jsen215 Member ✭✭✭

Received 501 for all financial institutions, this morning. Everything worked fine last night.

This has been a week of this Quicken Server issue. How come Quicken doesn't solve this problem once and for all? Us users are constantly working to fix this on our datafiles and spending hundreds of hours on this time wasting, when this is a Quicken Server issue.

• JennyPMC
    JennyPMC Member ✭✭

Since all of my bank and credit card accounts came back with a 'CC-501' clearly it's a Quicken problem. I've had Quicken for at least 20 years. I've seen more bugs in this software in the last 2-3 years then all the time before that. The product quality has decreased rapidly and it's very disappointing to watch.

• mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭

BTW - this isn't Quicken software, but Intuit services, that Quicken company uses. Quicken isn't Intuit company product, but way different for the past several years.

While we pay to Quicken, it has to be addressed by Quicken one way or another IMHO.

Best Regards
  • jsen215
    jsen215 Member ✭✭✭

They must've rebooted their servers or turned them on, or got new hamsters for the hamster wheel to power the Quicken Servers - coz its all working now.

Quicken - maybe you want to review your server operations and figure out how they can be improved so as NOT to make all of us waste our time.

• robert W
    robert W Member ✭✭✭

I did not have jsen215's experience this morning. The accounts that have been showing the CC-501 error still had it this morning.

• Joe25
    Joe25 Member ✭✭✭

Still occurring for only some Schwab accounts. Other accounts came back up. So not quite there yet as far as I can tell.

• hethyrf
    hethyrf Member ✭✭

I didn't have errors until a few days ago. Mine started with crashing while trying to add a new account. I gave up and thought I'd try again yesterday. When pulling up my file yesterday, I received a blank screen (file menu only at the top). It would not open. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled quicken (including deleting the quicken folder, as advised by quicken) and reinstalled. Still blank - I guess it was still trying to find the file that was corrupt. I opened an older file, it worked. I was able to open a backup from the day before the crashing and adding of the new account, it opened. And now I get this CC-501 for every single account. When I reinstalled, it also updated my quicken to a newer version than I had previously, even though I think it updates frequently. I think I'm just a few weeks behind all of you, but wasn't sure if attempting to add that account is where my trouble began.

Are there any updates on this or experience anyone can offer to help me since you all went through this last month? I will try quicken support tonight if not. :) Thank you for your help!

• hethyrf
    hethyrf Member ✭✭

I may have answered my own question. I was attempting to reconnect those accounts (most of them) using the "do not disturb" or "blocked" icon to the left of the account name in the left menu within quicken. I now tried the update and going in that way where it says "fix it" . That approach appears to be working for me so far to manually reconnect them. I guess I should try adding that new account before going through all of this first. haha. Thank you for this thread, it helped me to find this solution!

• ASquare
    ASquare Member ✭✭

Have you received any update on the broad issue with CC-501? Last post from Quicken Anja was on May 30. I still cannot add accounts - I am trying twice a week and getting the same CC-501 error message

• DudleyDorite
    DudleyDorite Member ✭✭

Decided to pull the plug on the Mobile Sync and deleted the Quicken App from my iPhone… until this issue is resolved, there's no point in using this feature!

• robinsd
    robinsd Quicken Windows Subscription Unconfirmed ✭✭

Same thing today for Charles Schwab and Target National Bank. Yesterday it was every account I download from. This is ridiculous and beyond.

• jsen215
    jsen215 Member ✭✭✭

Quicken - will you be giving us refunds, bot not having services for these days ? If you count the # of days per year, it adds up to substantial number of days/weeks.

I think all users of quicken should demand some compensation due to all these errors.

• strek2
    strek2 Member

Is there any update to this issue? I have been having an issue since the end of April, trying to connect to multiple accounts for Bellwether Community CU. Downloading transactions is fine, its just adding new accounts.

• XTC
    XTC Member ✭✭

Happening to me today across ALL of my accounts.

This discussion has been closed.