CC-501 from Discover Bank

irasend1
irasend1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta

For the last week I have been getting a persistent CC-501 error from Discover Bank. Deactivated and reactivated account without difficulty (found account and linked to current) but error continues. This is odd, because it seems that it is updating the account correctly albeit rather slowly.

Comments

• Richard Lafferty
    Richard Lafferty Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I'm having the same issue.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @irasend1 and @Richard Lafferty,

When Quicken is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with a CC-501 in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account. 

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information.

As per the FAQ: If you receive one of these errors, please wait 24 hours and then try again. If the issue still persists after this time period, please contact Quicken Support.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Richard C.
    Richard C. Member ✭✭

This morning, I reactivated my account (for the second time this week). This time I chose Door No. 2, with a FI that displayed an 800 number I could identify by searching through my credit card statement. I then successfully downloaded transactions for the second time since April 30, 2024.

Of course, Quicken silently "corrected" my opening balance. After 20 years using this product, I only just learned about this behavior that has dogged me through so many reactivations in recent years. On a cheerier note, I'm getting pretty good at manually reconciling my accounts again.

This discussion has been closed.