Yearly subscription cost increase

mikeharper
mikeharper Quicken Canada Subscription Member
edited July 6 in The Water Cooler

Am wondering how you as a company feel you can justify an increase of 16.7% over the previous year.  When you constantly send out reminders or stories about good financial habits this seems like the ultimate hypocrisy.

For those of us retired for more than 20 years with a fixed income that is mostly not indexed to inflation increases of this type make it difficult to justify continuing to use your product. Especially when the investment tracking that I upgraded for does not work properly and is uselss to me,

Having unsuccessfully tried all other options to communicate with you am hoping this one will get some response

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@mikeharper I know you wanted to vent your frustration at Quicken executives, but this is only a "community" website consisting of fellow Quicken users trying to help each other, with a handful of Quicken moderators to keep things organized. Your post here won't be seen by the people you're trying to reach.

You might want to try this link on the Quicken website for submitting your comment, although I don't know if you'll get a meaningful response about the level of this year's subscription increase.

========

For what it's worth (or not!), in another post I compiled the price of Quicken and the percentage increases since the start of subscription pricing in 2017. Looking specifically at Quicken Deluxe:

2017: $49.99
      2018: $49.99 (0%)
      2019: $49.99 (0%)
      2020: $49.99 (0%)
      2021: $51.99 (4%)
      2022: $59.98 (15%)
      2023: $59.98 (0%)
      2024: $71.88 (20%)

As of last year, Quicken's price increases were less than the rate of inflation for 2017-2023. With this year's significant price hike, Quicken has jumped higher than the cost of inflation over this time period. (According to the government inflation calculator, the $49.99 price of Quicken Deluxe in August 2017 would be $63.84 today adjusted for inflation.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • eqpu
    eqpu Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 4

When you constantly send out reminders or stories about good financial habits this seems like the ultimate hypocrisy.

I have the same feeling.

When I was writing to Quicken way back in 2016 while it was with Intuit to add investment features (along with debt management features and budget planning features that they were any way adding at the time), I explicitly wrote to them that people who use Quicken regularly and properly as per me will be people with better financial habits and thus less likely to have debt reduction problems or budget planning problems.

I got a response from the President office about good feedback but nothing further to add anything on investment management features.

As a result, I decided to stay with Quicken 2012 Premier in spite of purchasing Quicken 2013 and Quicken 2015.

I also did not want to make it complicated by the Quicken Id and Subscription model that went in after that.

Especially when the investment tracking that I upgraded for does not work properly …

By the way, Quicken Investment features are working for me (in totally manual mode as I have never used any online features ever). I wonder what Investment features are not working for you.

Quicken 2012 Premier on Windows 11 Pro (Quicken User since Quicken 1998)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@mikeharper - Especially when the investment tracking that I upgraded for does not work properly and is useless to me…

What does not work properly ?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@mikeharper This is your only post in this forum … so we have no idea what your issue is, and can't provide any help unless you tell us what it is.

In describing your issue, be specific. Including the name of the brokerages, and how you download from them (Direct Connect, etc) and any error codes or messages. Also include what Q product you're running and what BUILD of that product. This info is at HELP, About Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.