A new Sub-Category not recognized in a report (edit)

bhorek
bhorek Member
edited August 3 in Reports (Windows)

I added a new subcategory. When I run a report it is not recognized. And yes, it is checked for inclusion in the Report. I see it in the register but not recognized in a Report.

[Moved to Quicken for Windows section of the Community]

Comments

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 21

@bhorek is this a question for Quicken Mac or Quicken Windows? Your profile indicates that you are using Quicken Windows, but you have posted in a Quicken Mac category.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What report? I believe some reports require a customization to show subcategories.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@bhorek - make sure the initial transaction with the new category is within the date range of your report. Also, until a new category is actually used in a transaction, it will not show on any category reports.

• a1feldman
    a1feldman Member

I am having the same issue, in Windows. I have setup a new Auto Lease Sub-Category for a new vehicle (something I have done many times in the past). I see the category in the report settings and it is checked. I have used this category when I paid the lease last month (with the same bank account I used for my last lease and other vehicles). But I can not seem to get this new category to appear on the reports.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to Edit > Preferences > Early Access > if either of the boxes are checked, uncheck them > OK. Then try opening the report from the Reports menu and let us know if this issue still exists.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• steveCA
    steveCA Member

I am also having the same issue in Windows. I added a new subcategory and ran an income/expense report. I selected the new subcategory to be included in the report. The subcategory didn't appear in the report. I went back to the transaction and changed the category to the main category and then the transaction was included in the report. I tried this both with Early Access and without Early Access - subcategory didn't appear in either case.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@steveCA Do other subcategories show? The Advanced tab for customizing I/E reports includes the option to Hide All or Show All subcategories.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Also is this a report that you have customized and saved, or one of the built-in reports?

When saving a report, there are 3 options that control whether newly added accounts, securities, categories, and tags are included in the report when you run it. If you have chosen "Lock this report", the new items will not be included and there will be no warning.

If newly added items are not included, try re-creating the report starting with the corresponding built in report.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.