Receiving no Notification for authentication from Scotiabank during update

perry.dombowsky
perry.dombowsky Quicken Canada Other Member ✭✭

I no longer (last few days) receive a n Authentication Notification from Scotiabank on my IPhone 12 Max Pro iOS 17.4.1. This has happened since my update of quicken to R56.9 on Windows 11 version 10.0.22631 Build 22631.

I have made config changes on any app, notification, just the Quicken and windows updates.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @perry.dombowsky,

Are you discussing a two-factor authentication? Is this issue preventing you from downloading transactions? What exactly is occurring? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? Did this issue begin after a recent update? Are you aware of any changes made my ScotiaBank?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• perry.dombowsky

As part of the Online Update the software wants to connect to Scotiabank. This connection triggers a request from Scotiabank and this appears as a Scotiabank notification on my smart phone. When I click it and it checks my Face ID quicken then is capable of downloading data from Scotiabank.
    I no longer receive the Scotiabank notification to my Scotiabank app and hence no update can occur.
    not aware of any changes

• perry.dombowsky

I am able to do the Ctrl-Alt-U and it still opens a browser for logging into and doing account reconciliation. What no longer happens is that on startup the Quicken App starts an update that auto connects to my banks. Normally for Scotiabank it triggers Scotiabank to send a notification to my iPhone and I click on that. The iPhone then uses FaceID and authenticates the request. I then select done on the pop-up in Quicken and after the handshakes are completed Quicken downloads transactions and other items.

I no longer receive the notification and hence the Update and sync to the Scotiabank fails.

• perry.dombowsky

This is the error message I get.

Looks like a coordination is needed by scotiabank and quiken.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @perry.dombowsky,

Have you attempted to navigate to ScotiaBank's direct website to see if there is a specific setting you need to enable? It would mention something about third-party access.

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• perry.dombowsky

I have looked and I have turned off do not disturb and focus on my iphone but I get no notification on iphone.

• perry.dombowsky

I reset the scotiabank 2FA and the system now works.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @perry.dombowsky,

Thank you for coming back to update us. I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.