Wescom Credit Union - Reversed Deposits and Payments

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Wescom Credit Union - CC-502.

Comments

• Brewmasterwow
    Brewmasterwow Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Well….. Wescom is now communicating to Quicken but now its totally screwing up my account balances. Incorrectly paying off accounts, updating the opening balances with random amounts, and attributing transfers to the wrong the source accounts. What a mess…..

• Fishnfun
    Fishnfun Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I note the following errors as well. I have / had a very specific pattern.

I have 3 accounts at Wescom. Once communication was restored this morning each of the accounts recorded Deposits as Payments, and Payments as Deposits. Once I corrected those initial downloads, subsequent downloads have been correct.

• Brewmasterwow

Yep, ditto on Quicken getting the deposits and payments mixed up.

• Fishnfun

Update for anyone else that has had problems with Deposits and Payments begin swapped by quicken when update came from 'Express WebConnect'

I had the problem again this morning. What I did that seems to have remedied the problem is 'Deactivate' the on-line services on all Wescom accounts, and then setup on-line services again. To know if it's fixed for sure, I'll wait for new transactions on any one of the 3 accounts and see if they post correctly.

• jjfishing
    jjfishing Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited May 30

Fishnfun, did you delete all the line items marked as payments that should have been charges and vice-versa before Deactivating and setting up again? I did not and then deactivated and set-up. Quicken didn't reverse those in the update.

• Fishnfun

jjfishing - If they were duplicates of a previously posted transaction, then I deleted them. If they were new transactions then I merely corrected the Payment / Deposit to the correct type. I had to make the corrections on the incorrect ones before the deactivate / reactivate. They would not correct themselves once downloaded.

• This content has been removed.
  • Fishnfun

Is a Quicken moderator still watching this post?

The reported problem of Payments and Deposits being reversed in Quicken is in fact still a problem. Communication is fixed, but all Deposits in Wescom are being logged as Payments in Quicken, and all Payments in Wescom are posting as Deposits in Quicken.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• pereza1
    pereza1 Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

While I'm able to reconnect to my Wescom accounts, now each transaction is "flipped" (charges are now credits and payments are now charges).
    This is also applicable to loans, which are now showing positive balances.

• lfjoly
    lfjoly Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I originally was unable to update my Wescom Credit Union accounts receiving error CC-502. About an hour ago Quicken updated my accounts but posted my deposits as both deposits and payments. I had to manually delete the payment entries to clear the problem. Hopefully, they won't appear again on my next update.

• Fishnfun

Hello Quicken - What is happening with this other than 'Internally Escalated'? This is a royal pain!

Sure I / We could stop using Express Web Connect and just do manual downloads, but that's the not the way it's supposed to work, or has worked.

Please give this some attention and get it resolved

• Brewmasterwow

I second that! What is the status on this? Another pain in the butt is when you try to do a one step update and it updates the "opening balance" to some random amount, which completely screws up reconciling the account.

This discussion has been closed.