Downloading transactions from PC Financial

Options
SidToll
SidToll Member ✭✭

Does anyone else have the issue that the total balance amount when downloading transactions for PC Financial credit card has the wrong sign? That is, when I have an outstanding balance of say $250, the balance amount is downloaded is always the right amount but is a positive number. To balance in Quicken, I have to add an adjustment and then delete it. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @SidToll,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are the transactions downloading correctly and showing the correct information? Are there any missing or duplicate transactions that could account for the difference? Do you have pending transactions turned on, and if so, are they reflecting in your register? When you refer to total balance amount, is that the Online Balance, the Ending Balance, or both?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SidToll
    SidToll Member ✭✭
    Options

Kristina, thank you for your reply. Here are my answers:

• yes, the transactions download correctly; there are no missing or duplicate transactions.
    • the amount of the adjustment is exactly double the outstanding balance because the online balance has the wrong sign (but the correct amount)
    • I don't know what you mean by 'pending transactions turned on'

Here is the field in the downloaded file I am referring to with the wrong signage:

<LEDGERBAL>
    <BALAMT>827.76

Note that for all my other credit cards, when I download the transactions, this field is always negative.

I have been in touch with PC Financial and unfortunately, they are not able to duplicate my issue and have claimed that no one else is experiencing the same issue.