Why do search results always include erroneous row at the end?

Options

When searching transactions, the correct results are display. However, there is always an additional result entry that is incorrect. Here are two examples in two different transaction lists searching "ComEd" and "Comcast".

I've always had this issue with Quicken on Windows desktop. The same search works as expected on iOS mobile.

Quicken Classic R56.9
Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2

Thank you for your time!

Answers

  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    I don't get the extra line when I test with the same release R56.9. You don't show the Memo field in your images, could it be that the searched text is in the Memo field?

    -splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • tmatijevich
    tmatijevich Member ✭✭
    Options

    Hi splasher,

    Thank you for your comment.

    I've checked every column for the search keyword and I don't believe it's matching (only obscured for privacy).

    I can add filters that would eliminate this extra line.

    When I remove the search and view the full list, this extra line is the always the last line of the full list.

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    I just did a Search (via both "All Transactions" and the search box on the Title line of the window), and I'm not seeing this either.

    Which COULD indicate that you have a corrupted Q data file. So, have you tried taking a backup and then Validating?

    Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

  • tmatijevich
    tmatijevich Member ✭✭
    Options

    Hi NotACPA,

    Thank you for the suggestion. I did not know about validating.

    1. I backed up then validated the current file, no errors.
    2. I restored an old backup from March 2023 and viewed in a copy, tested search, and validated.
    3. I uninstalled Quicken, AppData, Program Files (x86), and Program Data. Reinstalled.
    4. I created a new file from scratch. I re-added my accounts.

    In all these steps, I still get an extra row in my search results.