Need help with Web version

JuJuBee
JuJuBee Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited July 6 in Using Quicken on the Web

I was using Quicken Classic for Windows (not sure what version). My computer died, and I can no longer access my data files or the software.

I logged into Quicken on the web fine and can re-sync my existing accounts so it seems.

My issue is that I want to add an account now to one of my institutions but I don't see how to do this on the web.

What can/should I do at this point?

Also interested in knowing the diff between Quicken Classic on the web and Quicken Simplify? I Only use quicken to download my transactions and categorize them for Tax purposes.

J

Comments

• Vette2020@11
    Vette2020@11 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I am not impressed with Quicken. I have spent hours trying to get Quicken updated in my computer. I spent 2 hours with customer service to no avail.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vette2020@11 Since you haven't specified what issues you're having, there's not anything that anyone here can do to assist.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@JuJuBee - you've mentioned a few different topics -

Since your computer died - you really need to have a backup somewhere to access and restore -
    Without a backup of your Quicken QDF data file to use or Restore - you are basically toast -
    The desktop Classic software has the main Quicken QDF data file -
    and the Mobile App and Quicken on the Web are merely snippets of that desktop data -
    There is NO web version - it is merely a portal to your desktop data via the Quicken Cloud.

Quicken Classic desktop software is totally different from the new web based Quicken product called - Simplifi -
    There is no interface between them to load Quicken Classic data into Simplifi - you start over from scratch

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@JuJuBee - If you do have a backup of your Quicken QDF file that is saved on a different drive from your crashed computer, then you really should restore that backup file on your new computer….and do that sooner rather than later. It can save you some additional work and headache that can result from delaying doing this. And the restored backup file should sync with your QWeb record.

If you do not have a backup file available, then I suggest you create a new Quicken Classic file on your new computer or perhaps consider subscribing to Simplifi. Do one of these things sooner rather than later because if you want to do any rebuilding of your data you should start it before doing much more updating on QWeb:

1. You will not be able to link a new Quicken Classic data file to your QWeb record…..they will not be able to be synced with each other.
    2. But you should be able to download your QWeb data in CSV format. This format cannot be directly imported into Quicken Classic but you can convert that data into Excel and use it to manually rebuild your new data file.
    3. Alternately, you can consider downloading a file conversion program and convert that CSV file into a QIF formatted file that Quicken Classic can import. ImportQIF is one such conversion program. It is freeware and others have posted that it works well. You can read up on it and download the installation file from here: https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/ .

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Quicken and Simplifi cannot directly interface with each other. I do not know much about Simplifi and importing data into it but here is a Support Article that talks how to import CSV files into Simplifi. So, maybe you can use a QWeb CSV file to import data into Simplifi provided you follow the instructions in this Support Article: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions .

Oh, one other thing: You'd asked about adding a new account to QWeb. It is my understanding that the new account cannot be added there until after it has been added to the Quicken Classic data first….so another reason to restore a backup file if you have it. Now I do not use QWeb so I do not know this for sure but that is my understanding. If I am mistaken about this I hope someone with more knowledge of QWeb will correct me.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

also - if you have access to your old computer -

maybe you can retrieve the hard disk - unless that is the failed hardware -
    and using a special external USB connecting cable -
    attach your old drive to a different computer,
    and access it as an external USB drive to try and access any of your old data files -

This discussion has been closed.