Having both Chase (Blue) and J.P. Morgan Securities - New Bank (Brown) is messy

Rob
Rob Member ✭✭

I have some accounts that are held at Chase Bank. and others that are held with J.P. Morgan Securities - New Bank (these are Quicken terms for Web Connect+). Ever since I reset my connections due to the absorption of First Republic Bank, I am being prompted to reconnect my accounts everyday to one or the other of these two banks. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a simple solution that does not require me to misreport the domicile of any accounts? I could probably call them all Chase or JPMorgan accounts (and use just one connection) but I would prefer to keep the two connections separate and align the accounts to their relevant connection. If i don't reconnect I get a CC-90x error - think it's 902. Any advice would be appreciated.

Quicken Classic Premier
Version R56.9
Build 27.1.56.9
Windows 11 Enterprise

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Rob,

Could you please double-check the exact error code you receive? Knowing the exact error code will help us determine the best troubleshooting steps to move forward with.

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6

Confused…
    my Chase is working just fine - not sure what you mean by (Blue) ?
    J.P. Morgan Securities - New Bank  - and what is (Brown) ?

I am being prompted to reconnect my accounts everyday to one or the other of these two banks. 

what kind of reconnect prompt - is this for a re-authorization or what ?

this is my Chase - is this yours ?

10898 10898 10898 Chase
    https://www.chase.com/ 1-877-242-7372
    https://www.chase.com/ ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

and this is a JPM entry

16030 16030 16030 J.P. Morgan Securities - New
    https://www.jpmorgan.com/global 1 800 935 9935
    https://www.jpmorgan.com/global ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭

Chase Blue is a reference to the Chase consumer bank - it's a way that employees of the Bank differentiate it from JPMorgan Securities, which is the former Bear Stearns and somewhat connected to Chase Private Client, which has a brown logo. The websites are www.chase.com vs. secure.chase.com/web/auth/?treatment=jpo#/logon/logon/chaseOnline and www.jpmorgan.com/wealth-management/wealth-partners.

I once got an error but tonight when I got the request to reconnect my JPMorgan accounts, I clicked cancel and there was no error - however, the accounts show a Set Up Now button in the Online Services tab as seen in the attached photos.

To your points on the phone numbers, the (800) 935 9935 is my number for Chase - (800) 999 2000 is the number listed for JPMorgan. Interesting that the phone number in Quicken Web Connect+ for JPMorgan is (800) 935 9935

There could be a clue in that 2 of the JPMorgan Brokerage (1 is an IRA) accounts don't connect to their relevant accounts in Quicken, and the Chase accounts also show up in the accounts box (but these Chase accounts aren't listed in the box if I did want to connect them to accounts in Quicken. Maybe this has something to do with these JPM accounts not being correctly linked in the database or Cloud.

Either way I'm still stumped, and I couldn't get an error code to show you, but I tried. The Support rep thought it had something to do with a VPN or Firewall causing a conflict but I'm dubious because this worked for a year before it just stopped 2 weeks ago when the First Republic Account got added and I needed to deactivate and reactivate my accounts in Quicken .

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭

It's also notable that on the Chase site (1 website references all accounts) there is only 1 connection to Quicken listed on the Security and Privacy page. Maybe one connection is overwriting the other? Too bad these 2 connections are not listed separately because they span different account ranges.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭

The error popped up tonight - CC-901

• Quicken Anja

Hello @Rob,

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow this error-specific support article regarding error CC-901.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja

Hello again,

I haven't heard back from you in a while. Do you still need assistance?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭

I was able to resolve this by disconnecting all the accounts and reconnecting them to the same JPMorgan connection so we're all set here. I saw in my chase.com online settings that it only permitted access to one connection at a time.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for following up and providing an update as well as sharing the solution that worked for you!
    I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved. 🙂

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.