Setting up online access for Citibank

Kardinalcc
Kardinalcc Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Since Feb or so, whenever the need to reauthorize Citibank accounts start, Quicken just crash after getting the authorization from Citibank and the account info is loaded into Quicken. I used a wokaround for a few month, which was limited to only credit cards, until last night. I could no longer update via Citi Cards and was prompted to switch to the "updated" method of online access. When I tried to set up Citi as normal, I was able to miraculously add my checking and savings accounts. Unfortunately, no credit cards showed up. I couldn't see my credit cards on citi.com either, so I thought maybe Citibank problem and Quicken will just work since they resolve it. Haha Guess what? I'm now trying to go through the same set up steps as yesterday and when I get to the Citibank page where I can select my accounts, credit cards are now there. Unfortunately, once I authorize and the screen turns back to Quicken, it's crashing again. There has been multiple threads on this discussion, but unfortunately at this point, they are either closed or competely deleted. I got "Permission Problem You don't have permission to do that." when I tried to open the thread I been following on this. This is very very frustrating when it's been almost 4 month and still have no fix insight…

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    edited June 10

Hello @Kardinalcc,

I have taken the time to look further into the issue that you are experiencing and have found that you are receiving a 324 error message. This error message can occur if you (or your bank) changed the account name at your bank's website or if your bank switched to a new account for you (such as for lost or stolen accounts). 

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information and troubleshooting steps. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). Below you can find the Quicken for Windows equivalent instructions.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.