Direct bill pay in Quicken for windows

Options

This problem started early this year with being the Banks problem. That lasted a month and a half before they corrected it. Since that time in the beginning of May it has turned into a Quicken problem. The last update on this issue came on May 15. Soon it will be a 1/4 of the year that I am unable to do payments from my program. I've never had so many problems with Quicken in the past. Now I see they are raising the price for this program later this year. I just don't understand how they cannot identify the problem and fix it within a months time? Are they really working on it? I am seriously thinking about cancelling my subscription when it comes due.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is the name of the bank, and what downloading method are you using with this bank?

Not all banks allow for the process of making payments directly through Quicken, and even if they do the downloading method being used is vital to making it work properly.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11
    Options

what bank - and if you look at the top of the Register - what "protocol" is listed ?
    You can also look at the Account List -

Bill payments have to go thru a bank with the Direct Connect protocol - which is a 2-way protocol…
    unlike EWC+ which is only download.

These are only examples of how the Quicken Account List is displayed - and not implied that Fidelity can be used for Billpay

here - for example is - PNC - with Direct Connect AND the Payment feature

04501 04501 04501 PNC Bank - Direct Connect
    https://www.pnc.com/ 800-762-2035
    https://www.onlinebanking.pnc.com/alservlet/SignonInitServlet?HttpLevel=128 ACTIVE
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And, extending @Ps56k2's reply, Fidelity Investments doesn't support BillPay via Q. He used them as an example of DC only.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ray A
    Ray A Member ✭✭
    Options

For all of you who asked which bank I use. I use PNC and direct connect worked for as long a I've owned the Quicken software.

Quicken has already said they are having problems and are working on it but that was in the beginning of May. Like I said, their last update saying they were still working on it was May 15. As you can see it is closing in on a month and a half since they found the problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11
    Options

are you using the entry - from above ?

PNC Bank - Direct Connect

• jmadura2
    jmadura2 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not sure that the new Billpay supports ANYTHING correctly and have done my level best to disable it and use old fashioned checks instead. I am so tired of the confusion regarding this "upgrade"! I sincerely hope that QUICKEN returns to the old system when they finally they get around to updating the program itself to 64 bit with true memory management features built in. IT seems to keep getting worse and worse.

• Ray A
    Ray A Member ✭✭
    Options

Jmadura2, I've been paying my bills for years now using direct connect with no problems. For me this started up in the beginning of May. Getting close to 2 months and they still haven't corrected it. Actually, recently I've entered bills manually and they end up getting sent for payment through direct connect? Shouldn't be that way. Should have to go to payee list and enter $ amount and date. For you try disabling Direct connect and use Express Web Connect. This still lets you download from your banks but doesn't allow payments through Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.