Payee category changes

johnwillow
johnwillow Member ✭✭

Why do all three sub categories of PAYEE have to be the same size field?

Payee can be as long as all three sub categories - that is fine

The three sub categories HAVE to be the same size? WHY!

I need more room for MEMO; less room for CATEGORY and the Tag is always SMALLER than the previous two

PLEASE PLEASE fix these issues which are carry overs from the 1990 design and need to be made more appropriate for the world we live in now

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Philip107
    Philip107 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4

I agree.

Quicken needs to stop assuming how the User wants the look to be and let us set parameters that they have hard coded. Especially what columns to see and their format.

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You want 3 fontsizes in the same field? Ain't gonna happen. BUT, you can post an IDEA and let other users vote on it to see what support it gets.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

This isn't about font sizes.

This request comes up over and over, and I figure the reason it never gets changed is because there is a fundamental reason why it is not possible (without looking at the code/library interfaces they use for this I can't really tell for sure).

What they want changed is the ability to change the column widths of the second line when in the two line mode.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I’m always disappointed when User ideas are rejected. We shouldn’t have to vote on changes anyway when most of the requests are just low hanging fruit easily implemented. Quicken needs to adopt Agile coding methodology.

----Quicken User since 1998 ----

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

They did, years ago.

And Agile says nothing about the priorities of what to fix/add.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you actually use Tags for your transactions?
    If you don't, deselect the Tag field in all your account registers and you'll have more space for Category and Memo.

To deselect the Tag field, click the Register Columns icon (in your register, next to the Balance column header) and deselect Tag from the list of fields/columns.
    To apply the same change to all banking registers of the same Type (Checking, Savings, etc.) click the "more options" gear icon at the bottom of the list and select "Make all x-line … registers like this".
    Repeat the change for all other Type registers.

To make Memo and Category fields trade places, go to Edit / Preferences / Register and select or deselect "Show memo before category".