More PNC Quicken PIN Change woes

operaflute
operaflute Member ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get my PNC account updated and I receive a message indicating I need to change my Quicken PIN. Fine. Yet when I attempt to change my PIN, following the listed requirements, at no time does the "Change Password" button become available. Inventing my own requirements doesn't help, either!

Please advise!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @operaflute,

First, the "Change PIN" prompt is only received when using Direct Connect. So if you are not receiving this prompt, you are likely being prompted to sign in using Express Web Connect. Could you please confirm which instance for PNC you are using to connect?

For Direct Connect, you will need to select PNC - Direct Connect, then click Advanced Options (see screenshot below).

Click Continue on the following screen, and then select Direct Connect and click Next.

From there, you will be prompted to sign in using your Social Security Number and PIN.

Once you enter your credentials, click Connect. From there, you should be prompted to change your PIN.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭

Hi. I AM using direct connect and I AM receiving the prompt. It's just that the dialogue box to do so doesn't work.

• Quicken Anja

Can you elaborate on what is happening? Is it not letting you type, will it not let you move forward after entering the necessary details, do you receive any error messages, etc?

Check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭

The "change PIN" button in the dialogue box is not available/not clickable.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for following up.

Upon reviewing your account, I noticed that you are still running version R56.9. So to start with, could you please navigate to Help > Check for updates and install the latest version release; R57.12?

Once the program has been updated, try the steps again and see if it will successfully allow you to change PIN.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭

Hello - I updated, but the problem is not resolved.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for following up again.

To clarify; when you enter the details to change the PIN, does the button remain greyed out, or does it look like it becomes clickable, but doesn’t do anything when clicked?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• operaflute
    operaflute Member ✭✭✭

Button is greyed out.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for clarifying.

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.