Reports - Adding totals/subtotals to columns in Reports

fff
fff Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited July 18 in Reports (Windows)

windows QDeluxe R57.12

Hello.

I want to know the number of shares for a particular stock across each of my investment accounts. (ie, Fidelity 32, Schwab 321, etc.....)

I have generetated a Security Report using the canned/default report in Q where the path is:

Investing/[click on ticker]/Security Report/Subtotal by Account.

But there is no subtotal for the "Shares" column. How do I get that value? Its something I do frequently, so am seeking the efficient, reproducable method vs a one-off solution (eg, copy to excel)

Thanks for taking time to read/respond.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15 Answer ✓

I suggest you go to Investing > Portfolio and select an unused view. Next to Group by: select Account. Click on Customize and on the Securities tab, select the security of interest.

You can also select which columns to display.

If you want to see the tax lots for each account, Click on the little + sign next to the security name.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried using REPORTS, Investing, "Investment Transactions". It seems to subtotal properly by account …but still no subtotal for shares by account.

I'd suggest creating an IDEA post with this. It doesn't seem to be a bug … just no one thought to add this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• fff

Hey, thanks for the response.

Its just that there is so much customization power exposed to users in Q, I'm hoping the feature exists somewhere in the customization stack. And maybe for any numerical column, not just Shares.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15 Answer ✓

I suggest you go to Investing > Portfolio and select an unused view. Next to Group by: select Account. Click on Customize and on the Securities tab, select the security of interest.

You can also select which columns to display.

If you want to see the tax lots for each account, Click on the little + sign next to the security name.

QWin Premier subscription
  • fff

Cha-Ching!! Thank-you @Jim_Harman

Setting up a "Custom View" gave me the total shares count for security XYZ, by account, with a drill down into lot details. Exactly what I was looking for.

And @NotACPA, it should be in the Report too. You're right. I'll post the IDEA.

This discussion has been closed.