Scheduled income transaction went nowhere

Michael Rosen
Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭

I was trying to enter a past due income transaction and when I hit enter it asked me if this was the scheduled deposit for that date. I said yes and nothing happened. The deposit was not there.

I'm running Quicken Classic Premier vR57.16, Build 27.1.57.16.

Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Michael Rosen,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Michael Rosen if you answer Yes to the question “Is this the next scheduled transaction for…”, it treats it as if you said to Skip the reminder. I have learned (the hard way) to always answer No to that question.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭

Ugh, so annoying. I frequently see prompts asking me if it's a scheduled transaction for something I don't have scheduled.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did / Do you have a Scheduled Reminder in effect for this past due income transaction?

How did you start entering this transaction? Did you begin typing on the new transaction line, selecting the payee name from the memorized pulldown selection list?
    This means you're trying to create a new transaction which is the same as the past due reminder waiting in the register at its original due date, perhaps in a location not visible in the current register page.

IMHO, it's always a good idea to have the Reminders tab open at the bottom of the register, to see if there's a reminder waiting for the new transaction you're about to enter.

• Michael Rosen
    Michael Rosen Member ✭✭✭

Yes, I had said I was entering an income reminder transaction. It was listed in Bill and Income Reminders.

I have had a prompt like this one before asking me if what I am entering is another scheduled transaction but the supposed scheduled transaction does not exist.

This discussion has been closed.