Amazon / Synchrony transactions no longer downloading

Marc
Marc Member ✭✭

Hello - A few weeks ago my Amazon.com transactions stopped downloading into my current version of Quicken. Details:

• Download starts normally, doesn't error out, and ends as if there are no new transactions.
  • Synchrony Bank account shows 20+ transactions that never downloaded
  • Last downloaded transaction date: May 2, 2024
  • Connection is Express Web Connect
  • Quicken Classic Premier for Windows, R57.16

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

-Marc.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Marc,

We do currently have an active alert regarding online banking errors with various Synchrony instances. This could be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert, you can also bookmark the alert for all further updates.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Marc
    Marc Member ✭✭

Thank you, Jasmine,

I would just add that my situation is slightly different than what's described in the alert: I receive no error. It just fails to download any transactions.

I will monitor the alert.

Cheers,

-Marc.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Marc,

Do you have multiple accounts with Amazon/Synchrony?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Marc
    Marc Member ✭✭

Hi Jasmine - No, only 1 Amazon/Synchrony account.

Thanks,

-Marc.

• Marc
    Marc Member ✭✭

To clarify, I only have 1 Synchrony account. No other cards. Only Amazon. Thanks.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Marc,

First, I suggest deactivating the Amazon account, then reactivating. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    5. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution, making sure to choose Direct Connect, and click Continue
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    7. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Marc
    Marc Member ✭✭

Hi Jasmine,

Lots of developments to report:

1. Before I followed your instructions I attempted an online update. The system downloaded 4 new transactions, dated June 15. However, there are still transactions missing between May 3 and June 14.
    2. I disconnected the online service for my Amazon/Synchrony account, but the instructions you provided didn't match what I have on my screen. I'm not sure if they were for a different version of Quicken. From the account register, gear icon, there is no Download tab, only the Edit Account Details option, with an Online Services tab. I assumed that was what you intended.
    3. I followed your instructions to Add Account, but there is only one option: "Amazom.com Store Card - Synchrony". No choice or Direct or Express Web Connect. I select that option, login, link to my existing account, and it sets it up as an Express Web Connect (as before). There is no other Amazon account option. The generic Synchrony bank credit card profile didn't work.

So I'm reconnected back to Synchrony, back to where I started with Express Web Connect, but missing transactions. And I don't see an option on their web site to download a QFX or similar file. Seeking further guidance.

Many thanks,

-Marc.

• simoirai
    simoirai Quicken Windows Other Member

Quicken Classic Deluxe R57.26, Windows 10

I couldn't get my Amazon card account to update, cc-503 error. Apparently the credentials (User ID, password) weren't working with Synchrony. I wondered if it was the password, and changed it to a simpler password. I still couldn't get a download.

The origin of the CC-503 problem (at least in my case) is that Quicken has some sort of problem with passwords that

(1) Use one or more of the following characters (ignore the spaces): * | ` - =

AND/OR

(2) Are more than 20 characters long

Synchrony Bank wants passwords that aren't more than 20 characters long. My previous password with them was 24 characters long, and when logging directing into the account (not via Quicken) that 24 character password (with * | ` - = in it) worked. But those credentials didn't work when used with Quicken.

So, try using a 20 characters or less password composed of only letters and numbers. De-activate the existing account and then add account using the new credentials. In my case, Quicken found the existing account, linked it to the bank, and updated the transactions.

This discussion has been closed.