Getting Error Code 40001 in QuickBooks Desktop?

Jamesmatthews290
Jamesmatthews290 Quicken Canada Other Member
edited August 17 in The Water Cooler

I'm experiencing Error Code 40001 in QuickBooks Desktop when trying to process payroll. It's causing a major disruption to my business operations. Can someone explain what this error means and provide a detailed guide on how to resolve it? Any troubleshooting tips or preventative measures would be greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jamesmatthews290,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QuickBooks application. Unfortunately, you "dialed a wrong number". Quicken and QuickBooks are no longer part of the same company, and haven't been so for many years. Intuit (a pubilc company), was the parent company of both applications originally, but Quicken was sold to a private company, and is completely independent from Intuit.

This forum is for Quicken users so it is unlikely that you'll get much help here. I suggest that you try searching for a Quickbooks forum for assistance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Jamesmatthews290,

Please be aware that you posted this in the Quicken Community forum. We are not affiliated with QuickBooks and are unable to assist with QuickBooks related inquiries.

Please reach out to QuickBooks directly for assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jamesmatthews290,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your QuickBooks application. Unfortunately, you "dialed a wrong number". Quicken and QuickBooks are no longer part of the same company, and haven't been so for many years. Intuit (a pubilc company), was the parent company of both applications originally, but Quicken was sold to a private company, and is completely independent from Intuit.

This forum is for Quicken users so it is unlikely that you'll get much help here. I suggest that you try searching for a Quickbooks forum for assistance.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• hosati5443
    hosati5443 Quicken Windows 2016 Member

Hey @Jamesmatthews290,

I suggest you to go to QuickBooks Support

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
This discussion has been closed.