Schwab won't download

My multiple Schwab accounts show no transactions since May 2024. Called support and was told problem was w/ Schwab. One step update works on all my other non-Schwab web connect accounts. I have reactivated, reset, etc. per customer support. Need a fix!

Windows 10 Version R57.16

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @RV4,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Since you mentioned this just started recently for you, was there anything that changed around the same time as this issue started? Are the Schwab accounts you track in your Quicken all under the same User ID?

Thank you!

(Ticket #9735243)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RV4
    RV4 Member

Actually, its been going on for a while. Most of the accounts are under one login, but a couple are under my wife's login. However, I have used both logins when trying all remedies. I noted that issue of two logins on another post. A very frustrating issue.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

In your initial post, you said the issue with no transactions downloading started in May of this year. Is that correct? It is likely that it's being caused by the known issue, but if you'd like to troubleshoot for possible file-related issues, then I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• RV4
    RV4 Member

Did both validations. First one downloaded a couple of transactions but both the balance and the transactions are still not correct or complete. Some transactions still missing. The two accounts were both IRA accounts, one each for my wife & I (separate logins w/ Schwab). All other accounts, both regular & Roth accounts, nothing was downloaded. I would guess you are going to say this is a problem with Schwab? No updates/downloads for a month is a problem for too long. Hopefully it is being actively pursued for remedy.

• I've been having the same problem with Schwab downloads. I have Quicken Classic Deluxe ver R57.16 Build 27.1.57.16

I have tried all recommend strategies I can find on the web and this site, validation, simple tracking, web/cloud reset, account reset, etc.

I then deleted all 8 Schwab accounts on quicken and closed quicken, cancelled 3rd party access for quicken on the schwab website, and then reopened quicken and tried to set up a single new Schwab account. It went through the Schwab login ok and seemed to do the set up, but then quicken asked me to enter the cash balance for this account, which I did, and then it said setup was complete. But now all it does is show the cash balance I entered and it still will not download the holdings in the account after numerous attempts at one step update.

Very frustrating.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited June 24

Thank you for your reply,

It may be Schwab, since there is a known issue. That said, to continue checking for a possible data file issue, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue with no downloads started and test to see if the issue is resolved in the newly restored backup.

Warning: Schwab accounts can sometimes be fussy when connected in multiple Quicken data files. If you restore the backup and the issue persists, make sure to deactivate the Schwab accounts in that newly restored file before going back to your main file. If you choose to use the newly restored backup, please make sure to deactivate the Schwab accounts in the file you had previously been using. If you have other Quicken files with those same Schwab accounts connected, you may want to try deactivating those accounts.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• lrtree
    lrtree Member

I am another user having these problems with Schwab accounts downloading. I think it started in May. I have reauthorized these accounts and it seemed to be working at first. Now if I try to update it hangs up and stays waiting. When I go to Task manager it shows Quicken not responding and I have to end the task. Very frustrating. I have used Quicken for years. Not sure if I will continue.
    If the Schwab download problem is a known issue then please let me know when it is fixed. Hopefully soon and before I have to renew my subscription. All my other accounts download successfully.

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 28

Same issue here. My Schwab accounts all download correctly. Wife's accounts stopped downloading on June 26th.

Obviously with the number of commenters experiencing this identical problem, it is something on Quicken or Schwab end, and not our files.

I reauthorized accounts AND validated file. No change.

Quicken Premier R53.32

Added: These issues are not the same as missing transactions identified in the Community Alert mentioned above. For those of us affected, a whole set of Schwab accounts do not update AT ALL. Different issue. In this case, for the set of affected accounts that don't download (in my case my wife's Schwab accounts), One-Step Update does not return an error, but the Quicken registers continue to show the past date when actual update last occured. For the other Schwab accounts (mine, in this case), the register reflects the new update time and date. Again, no errors on OSU, just no update. One Quicken Data File, two sets of Schwab accounts.

• RV4
    RV4 Member

I was able to at least get my Schwab account "balances" to update. First issue I discovered was related to the fact that during my original setup I renamed all accounts for simpler reference. No problem initially. However, when the download problems started and I performed the reset I would link the account to the renamed account. Now I have just added the account and deleted the renamed account. Second, I set it up with the "simple investing" presentation which shows balances & positions, but not transactions. Now the balances update with the one step update. If I need to look at transactions I will go directly to the Schwab website…and I will not rename the accounts. I honestly am not sure if that has anything to do with the issues being reported but it's enough for me right now as I can see my current balances and I have no desire to mess with it anymore. I will follow with the community to see if the issues with Schwab are ever totally resolved.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭

I have had Schwab accounts and other accounts for years and renamed all of them for easy identification. I no longer use Schwab but must say I never have had an issue with renamed accounts causing problems with any Financial Institution. Currently have 19 renamed accounts.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up @RV4,

Changing account names shouldn't have any impact on the ability to download transactions. Changing to Simple Investing is probably what had the largest impact, since that would prevent Quicken from attempting to download transactions and it would instead just focus on balances and positions.

If you decide you'd like to pursue the issue further in the future, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭

I was a able to fix my issue with certain Schwab accounts yesterday. A problem for me since Jun 26, 2024 (accounts within my user name worked, wife's didn't).

The fix that worked for me was to Reset the problem accounts (from Quicken Account List, Online Services Tab). After doing so, my downloads have been working correctly.

Not sure as to orginal cause, but the standard steps (File Validation, Super File Validation, and Re-Authorizing) failed to work, or identify any issues. Reset worked.

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭

Further to my original posting, I was able to get all Schwab accounts working this morning. Both the ones that had stopped working in June, and the properly working (downloading) accounts.

I first tried these things (didn't change anything or resolve issue): File Validation, Reauthorize Downloads At Schwab Website, Super File Validation.

This is what worked today: From Quicken - Account List > Online Services > (select each non-working account) > Reset. Reset takes you back through the Schwab website to re-authorize.

Schwab Accounts have since all started working, and I have run One-Step Update three times today without issue. Downloads are all functional and complete.

Dont know cause of issue - me, Schwab, Quicken???? But as originally posted, it stopped working on June 26. Now working, for what it's worth. In addition to Schwab accounts, there were also a few additional financial accounts that stopped downloading. Fixed all the same way. Fingers crossed.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for the follow-up @DetroitRick,

I'm glad to hear you got it working again. Considering the fix you described, the issue you encountered may have been the known issue described in this Community Alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• MSS79
    MSS79 Member

I had the same issue months ago with no resolution. It has been over 6 months. Quicken uploaded & continues to successfully my wife's accounts, but quit uploading my accounts. So I tried deactivating/reactivating with no success. Then, I deleted my accounts, and I have never been to add those accounts although Schwab says that the authorization is successful. Been a long time user of Quicken, and this is very frustrating. I'm very disappointed in the situation, and I've considered switching products to manage my personal finances. If this issue continues, I don't think I'll have a choice.

This discussion has been closed.