Chase investment accounts showing as Simple vs Complete since June 6th

2»

Answers

• stanray
    stanray Member ✭✭✭

Just to put my two cents forward, I am having the same problem and it is very annoying and another of the very long list of annoying things that pop up with Quicken anymore.

• stanray
    stanray Member ✭✭✭

Since the problem isn't fixed yet thought I would try to download a QFX file from Chase and import it to at least get my records up to date. Apparently Chase no longer has QFX downloads nor any other Intuit/Quicken formats available for download. Anyone else seen this or have I lost my mind?

• badgering
    badgering Member ✭✭

You haven’t lost your mind. Chase has eliminated QFX alternative. Hopefully they will fix soon!

In my discussions with Chase IT about ten days ago they mentioned a workaround if they are unable to resolve soon.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

As far as I know Chase has never had QFX file download for investment accounts. They do have it for checking, savings, and credit cards.

There is about zero chance in any case that they will put in QFX file downloading for investment accounts.

What you might not realize is that the QFX file is actually just the "response" part of the Direct Connect/QFX protocol. In the Direct Connect protocol Quicken sends a request for the transactions, and the response it gets is the same that would be put in the QFX file.

When they got rid of Direct Connect, they aren't going to leave the software that generates the "response".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the fix, Dan! I experienced this issue after restoring from my backup, for a different issue that I created a few weeks back. After the restore, my Chase investment account reverted to "Simple" and was greyed-out so I couldn't change it to "Complete". The account was set to "Chase", so I deactivated just the one investment account and not my other Chase accounts. I then deleted the financial institution and account information in the account details window. I set up the account using a different sign-on that I have with Chase and used the "Chase Investment - New" institution. It displayed all of my accounts, including my investment account. I only linked my investment account and set the others to "Do Not Add". Once it synced, everything came back to normal and it showed my complete transaction history again. Problem solved!

• tmiglis
    tmiglis Member ✭✭

A waste of time

I did this separately for each of my JPM investment accounts. While it did not convert my accounts to simple it still errors with a cc-501 error and the accounts do not update transactions. It appears the key to stopping accounts from converting to simple is selecting Do Not Add for all checking, savings and loan accounts (i.e. non-investment accounts). Of course, having them now set up as complete but not updating is just as useless

From Quicken FAQ

Overview

Have you received a CC-501, CC-898, or "It's not your fault" error message? Let’s break down what these codes could mean and how to fix them.

When Quicken is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with these errors in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account.

Typically, we are already aware and working to fix these issues when they occur.

• badgering
    badgering Member ✭✭

My banker sent me a note on Wednesday letting me know that after escalating the issue, it was learned that "when Quicken goes to download the data, the buffer size is not large enough. Recognizing this, the program changes the account download type from “complete” to “simple” investing." Not certain what this means, but thought I'd share with the group.

Anyone else have further feedback?

• DRWendte
    DRWendte Member ✭✭

I'll just add to this string. I have a properly designated investment account with Chase Bank. About two weeks ago, Quicken inexplicably stopped displaying the register for this investment account. I have other investment accounts for which Quicken shows the register, but not for this one account. Hope Chase and/or Quicken can work this out and fix it.

• tmiglis
    tmiglis Member ✭✭

Hello quicken - 2 software updates since this was 1st posted 5 weeks ago and still the issue isn't fixed. How hard is it to fix a buffer overflow, um not hard

• badgering
    badgering Member ✭✭

Last weekend my banker let me know that Chase IT people believed the issue was fixed. I needed to deactivate online services and then go through standard set up - linking accounts AND be certain Complete investing was selected for each account. After that, it worked just like prior to June 6. Issue solved for me.

• DRWendte
    DRWendte Member ✭✭

I just tried the same thing, and it did not work for me.

• tmiglis
    tmiglis Member ✭✭

I got some accounts to work. Deactivated accounts, reactivated using JPMorgan Chase Bank. Went to Edit - Preferences- Quicken ID & Cloud accounts. Hit Sign in as a different user, signed out and then signed back into my account. Most, not all of my accounts updated. Geez, it shouldn't be this hard

• DRWendte
    DRWendte Member ✭✭

Thanks badgering. I did as you instructed. I deactivated ALL my Chase accounts, including my investment brokerage account. I then reactivated ALL accounts and linked them to my Quicken accounts. When completed, I once again has a full transaction register for my Chase brokerage account. We'll see how long it lasts. Thanks for the tip.

This discussion has been closed.