Stocks shares not syncing for Vanguard

Pailfoot
Pailfoot Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited July 25 in Reports (Windows)

Hello,

I can't seem to get Quicken and Vanguard to sync on stock shares. It works fine for mutual funds and other investments (with Vanguard), but not stocks. The transactions seem to download fine, but in the "Securities Comparison Mismatch" dialog window, "Shares Reported" displays zeros values for all securities and "Shared in Quicken" displays the correct values. I'm on Quick Classic Deluxe (Windows). I'm regularly synced to the current release. This has been a problem for at least a year. Any thoughts on how to get things on track?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That does seem odd. Since Vanguard does use Direct Connect to download transactions, you should have an OFX file you can look at (Help > Contact Support > Log File > OFX Log) to see what Vanguard is sending to you.

With Direct Connect the Financial Institution(FI) constructs the file that they send to you so at first blush it would seem like Vanguard is at fault here. Have you spoken to anybody at Vanguard about this? Since Direct Connect requires some active participation of the FI they typically have a "Quicken" IT guy, so I'd try to get connected with that person.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

When you look at your Vanguard accounts online, do you have the same number of accounts and same securities in each as you have in Quicken?

Have you perhaps combined two real life accounts into one account in Quicken, and only one of the real life accounts is set up for downloading?

QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you edit the stock securities, is the box "matched to online security checked? If it isn't checked then review your list of securities to see if there is another security that you have named with a similar name but is really the same one.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.