One-Step not working

Wastrel865
Wastrel865 Member ✭✭

Quicken Classic (Canada), R56.9, Build 27.1.56.9 on Windows 11

I've been using the product for a number of years, but stopped using it some years back, and recently tried to start up again. With such a long gap of time, would I be best to remove all my accounts and then add them back in as new ones, then sync current data?

My main accounts at a particular bank do the One-Step Update, but don't actually sync past the last time (in some cases, 2019 or 2020.) I have managed to sync successfully with a credit union account for which I use Web Connect, but just recent transactions. appear (2024.)

Thanks for any help, or pointers on how to get things re-started.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Wastrel865,

Unfortunately, most banks do only allow downloads of up to 90 days of transactions history. Depending on the financial institution, you may be able to download a QFX file and import it into Quicken for more transaction history.

You mentioned One-Step Update not working. What exactly is the issue?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Disconnect the accounts that are connected using Express Web Connect (which is the download/connection method that you are calling One-Step Update), close Quicken, re-start Quicken, reconnect the accounts using Express Web Connect. Also, neither Web Connect nor Express Web Connect perform a synch operation - they are merely download - one way data flow. Sync (or synchronize) implies two way data flow. Sync happens for mobile and web. All that to say, is what you want to do is reset the Express Web Connect connections… and to that end, you could try the Reset Connection feature on the Online Services tab of the Account Details dialogue box before deleting and restoring the connections. I'd probably go right to delete and restore because the reset is not entirely reliable.

• Wastrel865
    Wastrel865 Member ✭✭

Thanks for your help. Even deleting accounts seems difficult—getting messages, "This account has one or more schedule bills or deposits which must be deleted before the account can be deleted".

But it doesn't seem to be giving me any help in finding these, nor can I find out how to simply do a "select all" and then delete everything.

I do have newer versions of most of my accounts now running and downloading automatically. But would like to delete the old ones.

• Wastrel865
    Wastrel865 Member ✭✭

Further…I managed to disable a couple of the old accounts. Not quite out of the woods yet, but getting there.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

If you click CTRL-J it will bring up the list of scheduled bills & deposits. Then select the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab/view, which lists the account used for each scheduled transaction. You should be able to find the scheduled transactions that you need to delete here.

• Wastrel865
    Wastrel865 Member ✭✭

Thanks, that's helpful, but I've already disabled that account. Sorting the accounts in the display list is really tedious for some reason. It seems they have to be sorted by type, i.e., chequing, savings, credit. Not what want. I also had to delete my newly-entered credit card account because it insisted it was a chequing account, not a credit card. Sigh. What a roach motel (I used to be in SW QA.)

This discussion has been closed.