Fidelity Credit Card Online Balance

2»

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Just off the phone with Fidelity. They say to only use Elan for the Visa Rewards in Quicken. I asked why they do not mention that anywhere and the account appears in my Fidelity.com home page and app??? Amazing to get this runaround trying to make the obvious work when it is not obvious.

I explained the CC-601 and dropping cents. They seem to have heard me.

Of to setup Elan. Wish me luck :)

Do you folks get a monthly statement for your Visa from Fidelity or Elan? Who do you send your payment to?

• Senor Irrelevante
    Senor Irrelevante Member ✭✭

Bob, Elan Financial Services manages the Fidelity Visa card for Fidelity. The statements come from Elan on Fidelity Investment letterhead. You can remit payments directly to Elan in St Louis MO, or electronically through the Elan or Fidelity websites. I have been connecting my Fidelity Card in Quicken through Elan for years. You will have no problem with the Elan setup. You only need to remember to wait 12-24 hours until the next One Step Update (OSU) for the missing cents on the card balance to resolve.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

So, If I pay through Quicken from my checking account, as I do all my bills, where do I send payment for this card? An ELan address or Fidelity Address? And where do I find it?

It really has been a major hassle. NO other credit card takes me away from the provider who's name is on the card. Wells, Fargo, Citi, Chase, etc.

Almost done :)

• Senor Irrelevante
    Senor Irrelevante Member ✭✭

The remittance address will be on your credit card statement. FYI, there are FIVE different PO boxes in St Louis MO to remit payments to Elan. Select the one from your statement. Note that only the statement provided on the Elan website shows the remittance address. It is not shown on the statement provided on the Fidelity website.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3

From Elan website:

https://www.myaccountaccess.com/digital/servicing/rpcfooter/creditcard-contact-us

From my Elan monthly statement:

Elan Financial Services, P.O. Box
    790408, St. Louis, MO 63179-0408

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks all. It seems to be working. An awful lot of hoops.

• km-nm
    km-nm Member ✭✭

I've decided that I can live with this bug. After all, the purpose of Reconciling is to verify that you have all the transactions right. So, once I see that my balance matches (except for the negative sign), I just go ahead and let Quicken insert a balancing transaction. As soon as the dialog disappears, and all the transactions are marked Cleared, I just delete the bogus balancing transaction. That leaves my register in the right state, and if Quicken ever gets fixed, I'll be able to save these extra steps.
    The same approach works for the missing cents, if you're using the other feed. But I prefer using the one with the sign error, because I know I've got my balance right to the penny.

• kbunch
    kbunch Member ✭✭

For the positive balance issue, I've been switching to the statement balance option then typing the online balance there before rec

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@km-nm, @kbunch: Are transactions downloading for you with the Fidelity EWC+ connection? I have my credit card set up with the Fidelity connection in 4 different test files.

• File #1: No downloads have occurred since 6/27. Even resetting and deactivating/reactivating the account did not download any new transactions. But the Online Balance does update (but as a positive number).
    • File #2: The last downloads occurred on 7/1 and the positive Online Balance has not updated since then.
    • File #3: The last downloads occurred this morning but only included posted transactions dated thru 7/3….there should have been posted transactions thru 7/7. The positive Online Balance is current as of today.
    • File #4: I deactivated/reactivated the account and it downloaded old transactions going back to early April but it has not downloaded any new transactions after 6/30 and the positive Online Balance is current as of 6/30.

Another thing I've noticed is this Fidelity EWC+ account is no longer downloading any data for Simple Investing investment accounts. It makes me think that the issues Fidelity is having with this EWC+ connection are perhaps far more extensive than the credit card.

Elan continues to properly download transactions and update the Online Balance so reconciling to the Online Balance does work with this connection.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

@Boatnmaniac when I called Fidelity they said to only use the Elan connection. I posted some on that and how I would have liked they mentioned that before I had to try a number of ways for proper results.

• Boatnmaniac

Thanks for mentioning that, again. I do remember seeing your earlier post about that. And, as I have mentioned in numerous posts in this Community, IMHO no one should be using the Fidelity connection at this time because it is so broken and unreliable.

I see, however, that some are continuing to use the Fidelity connection setup instead of the Elan connection setup and I am wondering how that is working for them because, as I've posted, it is not even remotely reliably downloading at all for me in my test files.

Elan, on the other hand, has been working very well.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10

Just an FYI.

I just updated from Quicken Deluxe R55.26 to R57.26.

The download of Elan credit card transactions via the Elan connection dropped the cents from the online balance after the update.

Hopefully, the cents will return in a few hours.

UPDATE 6 hours later: The cents are showing again in the online balance.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• km-nm
    km-nm Member ✭✭

@Boatnmaniac, I use Quicken Mac, so I'm not sure what EWC+ is, but here's my connection info. Transactions have been downloading reliably, but the Online Balance is positive when it should be negative.

• Boatnmaniac

This is a QWin thread so most of the posts here regard that and reference QWin terms and processes.

For QMac the connection method of the Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts download setup is EWC (Express Web Connect), however it it is pretty much the same as the QWin EWC+ (Express Web Connect+). The Channel showing "OAUTH" confirms it.

So, I am wondering why transactions and updated Online Balance (even though it is wrongly a positive number) are downloading well for QMac (at least for you) when on the QWin side it seems it is either hit or miss (mostly miss).

• Boatnmaniac

FYI: An Alert was finally posted about this issue today….NEW 7/10/24 Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts FDP-101/CC-601.

• km-nm
    km-nm Member ✭✭

@Boatnmaniac, it sounds like you keep much more careful track of your Elan account than I do. All I know for sure is that when transactions arrive, they match with the new online balance (except that it's the wrong sign). I suppose it's possible a few days go by and I'm not getting any transactions. I haven't noticed that as an issue, but if the account was "frozen" for a day or three, I might be unaware.

• Boatnmaniac

Yes, I watch this credit card very closely because I charge about 75% of all of my living expenses each month to it. I typically download 1, sometimes, 2 times a day. When something goes wrong with the downloads I get nervous so I look at all of my options for how to get downloads restored. For me, downloading from Elan instead of from Fidelity is the only viable option because downloads from Fidelity have been so hit-and-miss since about 6/25….mostly miss.

I'm glad Fidelity is working for you. I've only seen 2 posts by others that Fidelity is working for them…you are one and the other has not yet confirmed it. If you start seeing download issues at least you know that the Elan connection set up is an option you can try.

• kbunch
    kbunch Member ✭✭

@Boatnmaniac I am using the Mac version, and no trouble downloading transactions using Quicken Connect to Fidelity - Investments & Retirement Accounts (70419). I will check the alert you posted earlier.

• Boatnmaniac

Interesting. So maybe this issue is affecting QMac differently from QWin?

In the downloaded Online Balance showing a negative number or a positive number?

• kbunch
    kbunch Member ✭✭

@Boatnmaniac there is the issue of the positive balance. in my first post i wrote that i just use the correct balance in the statement balance option insead of the online balance option.

This discussion has been closed.