Quickens for Windows 11 is terrible

QMike
QMike Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I used to love Quicken. It was a great desktop App. I had the unfortunate need to move to a new computer and with that I have to use Quicken for Windows. Is there any way to go back? There is no online update center tab. There is no reporting tab. I can't change the size of the window. It is absolutely awful. And the worst thing is that Quicken had a great desktop App you paid for once and force everyone over into a subscription software model and the software is 10 times worse than the desktop App.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been using Quicken with Win 11 for about 2 yrs and it works very well for me on that platform. Many other users are reporting the same thing. What issues are you experiencing with Quicken because of Win 11?

"Is there any way to go back?" Back to what? Please be specific because there is no way to know unless you tell us. What are you comparing Quicken Classic Subscription to?

I'm not sure what you mean by "online update center tab". I've been using Quicken since 2010 and I don't recall seeing anything like that. Could you explain more about what this is?

What "reporting tab" are you referring to? What is it reporting on?

What version of Quicken are you running and is your subscription current? (See Help > About Quicken.)

BTW, the subscription software is a desktop app just like it has always been. The main thing that has changed in the model is that the old "subscription" was for 3 yrs and now it is for 1 yr.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• QMike
    QMike Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I've been using Quicken for 27 years. I'd like to go back to Quicken '97 rather than what I have today.

• TomUpNorth
    TomUpNorth Member ✭✭

If I couldn't live without Quicken after 27 years, and couldn't troubleshoot and fix it on W11, I would resurrect my old computer (or buy another—old PCs are dirt cheap) and put Q97 on it.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Q '97 can't read your current data file. You'd need to start over with your last Q'97 data file. And you'd have no downloads from your FI's.

So this is a BAD idea.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you jump to the new version directly from 97? Were you able to convert 97 to the current version? Or did you have to start over? If you don't mind starting over you can install Quicken 2013 Deluxe for free. It should run on Win 10 & 11. Q2013 is the last stable version that doesn't require you to have a Quicken ID and log into a Quicken account. Or if you still have your 97 data you can try to convert it to 2013. You can download 2013 Deluxe directly from Quicken for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

Not sure if you can convert from 97. FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

Did you try to install 97 on your new computer? Some people have gotten older versions to run on Win 11.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.