AMEX savings account indicated closed every time I sync (SOLVED; Q not supported)

tribbiani
tribbiani Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

The change for AMEX banking has been incredibly problematic to say the least. First, I now have to use MFA every single time I sync. Second, I get an error ("This account has been marked as Closed or Hidden in Quicken, and is in an error state at the bank.") every time and have to re-connect every time for it to properly sync. The account is in fact active and perfectly fine.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Dushan

Comments

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Here is the link: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/faq/mint-or-quicken/

It would have been nice to have been told this, rather than Quicken simply indicating we need to change connection method. "American Express - Banking" simply does not work (not sure why it's even an option, IMO).

My experience is that it connects ONCE… subsequent connections yield a 324 error (account is closed) and you need to re-connect and repeat the same loop. Seems like others can't connect at all.

Some basic communication could solve a lot of customer frustration.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @tribbiani,

We do now have an active alert regarding issues with savings accounts for American Express. You may view this alert here. It is recommended to bookmark the alert for all further updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.