Tax Planner incorrectly showing withholding for pension income

AllanDB
AllanDB Member ✭✭

I am using the Tax Planner to track the federal income tax I pay on a current state pension and upcoming social security payments. I track withholding for both as “Other Withholding” on the Withholding screen in the tax planner. Both payments are set up as “Paychecks”.

I am using Quicken Deluxe (up to date) on a Windows 10 PC.

The federal tax withholding for the pension is linked to tax form 1099-R: Pension federal tax withheld. The federal tax withholding for Social Security is linked to tax form 1040: Federal tax w/h, Soc. Sec., self.

The pension payments have been received for several years and upcoming payments are scheduled payments in Quicken. As shown below, Scheduled Bills and Deposits is selected as the source for the project amount.

The problem is that I have received 7 pension payments this year so the Actual YTD column from the line Quicken Data from 2024 should reflect 7 payments of $95, but it only reflects 1 payment. Oddly, the Quicken YTD total at the bottom has the correct number ($665.00). The projected amount column (not shown here) is correct and includes the actual YTD pension tax withheld, the upcoming pension withholding and upcoming Social Security withholding.

I have checked the individual pension payments and the federal withholding amount is shown correctly for each month.

I would appreciate any help in getting this corrected so that the Actual YTD column accurately reflects Quicken Data from 2024 (Scheduled Bills and Deposits)

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @AllanDB,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

FWIW, I do not see this. YTD displays what is expected. Probably data file related or an issue with Paycheck module.

Paychecks not really meant for Pension/SS so that could be an issue. Try adding a test manual, non-paycheck transaction to see if it gets added to YTD.

Reset Tax Planner, Cycling thru Details screens in the planner and file validation are repair options.

This discussion has been closed.