Using new password with Edward Jones

ladychow
ladychow Member ✭✭

I am on Windows using Version R57.16, Build 27.1.57.16.

I recently changed my password to my Edward Jones account. I can log in using the new password on the website, but Quicken is not accepting it for the One Step Update Settings. I tried resetting the password in Quicken a bunch of times and ended up getting locked out on the website because Quicken tried too many times. I have resolved that with Edward Jones but not with Quicken.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @ladychow,

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like you are trying to update the password through One Step Update, and it is failing to update. Do you store the password in your password vault in Quicken, or do you type the password in manually every time you want to update your account(s)? If you store the password in the vault, then please backup your Quicken file, then follow the steps below from this article on updating passwords stored in the vault to update it:

1. Go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Change Password for the account.
    4. Enter the same password you use to login to Edward Jones' website, and click Change, then Done.
    5. Select Tools > One Step Update to confirm that it will now update properly.

If the issue persists after following those steps, please backup your Quicken file if you didn't do so earlier, deactivate the problem account(s), then reconnect the account(s) by going to Tools>Add Account, and follow the prompts, being careful to relink the account(s) to the correct nickname in Quicken.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ladychow
    ladychow Member ✭✭

I did get the issue resolved but thank you for your help.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved!

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.