File Validation Output

rich
rich Member ✭✭✭

I am using Quicken Classic Premier 27.1.57.16 and Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 Build 19045.4529 64 bit.

I ran File Validation and the log says:

QDF:
Validating your data.
Quicken repaired damaged transaction index. No action required.
Quicken found an invalid transaction record and removed it. "ACCT_1292f" 0/ 0/1900
Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
"ACCT_1292f" 0/ 0/1900

How can I determine which account is "ACCT_1292f" ?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an acct that the validation process created. Do TOOLS, Account list … and if you don't see it, turn on the option to display hidden accts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Note that at times Quicken creates temporary accounts (and might even do it while validating) and they don't always get cleaned up (but hopefully validate cleans them up). And ACCT_…. is the syntax they use for that temporary account name.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rich
    rich Member ✭✭✭

Unfortunately I have already run SUPERVALIDATE after I ran VALIDATE (was trying to fix MPL issues) and "ACCT_1292f" is NOT listed in my account list even with hidden accounts displayed. Nor does it appear in the printed account list info even with "include additional info when printing" was enabled. Thanks for the feedback which I will write down so I can use it in the future.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Let me state this a bit differently. I think Validate just "did its job", and what it cleaned up might have never been a "real problem".

Let's say that Quicken is doing something and creates a temporary account to do it in, and it starts to create a transaction, but hasn't finished with it. And then Quicken crashes or for some other reason doesn't complete what it was doing. This temporary (and hidden account) and the transaction in it, might hang around until you run validate and it removes it and "mentions" it.

As the message says, there isn't an action on your part that is needed.

Note this is the "best situation" other possible situations might involve loss of data, (not usually very likely) and in those cases going back to a backup might be the best option, but unfortunately Quicken's "validate" isn't always very clear if that is the situation or not.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.