American express QFX for credit card cannot be read.

Tichopper
Tichopper Quicken Canada Subscription Member

When trying to download from my american express canada credit card qfx file, i keep getting the error message listed below. I am using Quicken Classis Business & Personal Canada edition.

Quicken is unable to complete your request. (OL-220-A)

OL-220-B

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Tichopper,

This error is caused when the financial institution has made changes to the Quicken Files needed in order to download. Since you are experiencing this issue with a QFX file, this does mean that there is an issue with the file itself, and you will need to contact the financial institution directly to resolve this as it is the financial institution that creates and provides these QFX files.

More information on this can be found in this support article.

As stated at the bottom of the article: 
    "Web Connect (Importing a QFX file from your bank's website) - Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue."

Since QFX files are created and provided by the financial institution, Quicken is unable to resolve this issue. Only the financial institution providing the file can.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• djmarvin
    djmarvin Quicken Canada Subscription Member

Quicken Canada R56.9

I am also receiving this error when downloading my TD Checking account QFX file. Comparing this QFX file to one from a few months ago indeed shows a malformed QFX file. I've manually updated the malformed QFX file with the obvious missing HTML tags (in my case the tags </BANKMSGSRSV1>
    </OFX> were missing). This file still fails so I'll need to eyeball for other discrepancies.

Other accounts at TD appear to provide correctly formatted QFX files.

Having said this, is the a Quicken utility that analyses QFX files and spits out the malformed tag that Quicken doesn't like? I have to assume there must be some sort of utility for developers to validate their QFX file construction.

Thanks.

David

• djmarvin
    djmarvin Quicken Canada Subscription Member

TD Bank must have inadvertently activated a beta web site. The QFX file was a mess. Re-logging in later in the day it was back to original website and QFX file was fine.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @djmarvin,

Thank you for coming to share this information. I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution with your QFX!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• W0wbagger
    W0wbagger Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

I'm also having this problem downloading my file from Amex Canada. This has only showed up since the last Quicken update, so I'm a bit suspicious that you say it's the bank's fault. Are you doing more rigorous checking of the QFX structure or something? Has it changed in the new update?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wowbagger IF you are also manually downloading a QFX file AND IF you're getting the OL-220-B error (you don't state what your error is) then why do you believe that Q is responsible when AMEX created the file … not Q?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• MAS77
    MAS77 Quicken Canada Subscription Member

I just did an AMEX download (QFX file) for my Amex Aeroplan CC and got the OL-220-A error message. Interestingly when I tried the same function for my Amex Bonvoy CC, the same process worked correctly.

• W0wbagger
    W0wbagger Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

@NotACPA I said I'm having the same problem. To a reasonable person, that would imply that I did the same thing and received the same error message. I said I'm suspicious of Quicken immediately saying it's Amex's issue because the issue only showed up after updating my Quicken, when it had worked for years prior to the update. I think that was pretty clear from my post. Why are you so defensive on their behalf and why are you so sure it's not Quicken that's responsible?

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services/

Which Financial Institution Name are you using in Quicken to connect to this credit card account?

• Mike Arai
    Mike Arai Quicken Canada Subscription Member

i spoke with American express and their front line service agent said there was no changes to their AMEX formatting… however, they did open a ticket to investigate further

• MAS77

Still experiencing the same issue when trying to update my AMEX credit card

• Not using One Step Update —- Connection Method: Web Connect
    • Financial Institution: American Express Canada
    • Error Message — Quicken is unable to complete your request. [OL-220-A]
    • [OL-220-B] in bottom lefthand corner of pop-up error message
    • Went through instructions referenced above for OL-2xx messages
    • Deactivated "Online Services" for account experiencing issues
    • Recreated "Online Services" for AMEX account — no change in error

Looking forward to some resolution to this issue. Last successful download/update of this account was on July 2nd.

• MP Consulting
    MP Consulting Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I've been having the same issue since June 28. It's very frustrating to have to manually enter all my transactions. This is impacting my business. I have also done all these things and called AMEX. They said they "escalated" and told me to wait 48 hours. I waited 72 plus the weekend. Still same issue.

• IsaacG
    IsaacG Quicken Canada Subscription Member

I am having the same issue. Started on July 7th.

• MAS77

I tried the download function with for my AMEX Canada credit card and it worked. 😀

This discussion has been closed.