Every time I update Schwab, I have to revalidate the account

ghstudio
ghstudio Member ✭✭✭

I have validated my schwab account on-line updates and it updates correctly. The problem is that the next time I try to update all (or just Schwab), I have to revalidate again. This is a continuing problem. Obviously, one I've validated Schwab, Quicken and Schwab should be able to remember that I've validated the exchange of data.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @ghstudio,

To clarify, when you say you need to revalidate your Schwab account, do you mean you get a prompt to reauthorize, or do you mean you're getting an error and have to reconnect the account?

If you're getting a prompt to reauthorize your Schwab account, that typically means that Quicken is still seeing an account connected by the old connection method. The reauthorization prompt should show you the name of the problem account. You would want to go to Tools>Account List and look for that problem account.

If it's an account that is closed/inactive on Schwab's side, but is still trying to connect in Quicken, then you would need to backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account, and mark it closed (if appropriate).

If it's an account that is still active, you would want to check your Quicken file to see if you have a duplicate account (sometimes, when reauthorizing an account, it gets added as a new account rather than linked to the existing account).

If you're not seeing a reauthorize prompt, but are instead getting an error message and/or having to reconnect the account, please provide more details exactly what is happening, what error codes/messages you're seeing, etc.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @ghstudio,

I haven't seen a response from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• William Toperzer
    William Toperzer Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5

[Removed - Off Topic]

• Borwindog1
    Borwindog1 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have the exact same issue that started after the most recent update; R58.9 Build 27.1.58.9

I've reauthorized, deactivated/reactivated my Schwab accounts multiple times with the issue still re-occurring. I'm sure others are seeing this nagging 'bug' also.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Borwindog1,

If you are getting reauthorize prompts for Schwab and the troubleshooting above did not correct the issue, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.