Mortgage set up as Loan initially, can't get Zillow Update

aperez73
aperez73 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

If my mortgage was initially set up as a loan and not a mortgage in Quicken, how do I convert it from a loan to a mortgage so I can get the Zillow Update?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @aperez73,

Before starting, please be aware that the Zillow Zestimate feature is not available in the Starter Edition or Deluxe versions of Quicken.

Is this account one that you update manually, or is it an online account that receives updates from the financial institution when you run One Step Update?

If it is an online account, then the account type is determined by the financial institution and cannot be manually changed in Quicken while it is connected to the financial institution.

If it is a manual account, you can change the loan type rather easily. Please backup your Quicken file. Then, go to the action gear near the upper right of the account and select Edit account details.

On the General tab, click the Loan Type dropdown and select Mortgage. Once you have selected Mortgage, click OK.

Do you already have an Asset account created for your house? If you do, then you can use the information in this help article to link the asset account and the mortgage account. To set it up for Zillow updates, you would want to navigate to the Asset account register and click Get Started.

If you do not already have an Asset account set up for your house, please follow the directions in this article on Using the Zillow Integration in Quicken for Windows.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.