Cannot add B of A account

System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Bank of America - can not add new account

Comments

• Tom Dorrance
    Tom Dorrance Member ✭✭

Me, Too!. Windows. Q Version R57.16. No error code. B of A Accepts my security log in and hands me back to Q. Then Q does a search for existing accounts, finds 1, and assigns it to an existing account and then we're all done. But we never got to actually adding the new account. So then clicked on add account and does the same drill.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Tom Dorrance,

To assist with this issue, please provide additional information. You mentioned that you go through the authorization through Bank of America's website, come back to Quicken, and it sees the account, but has "Link to existing" instead of "Add" for the option. Is that correct? If so, then I'd recommend that you backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account it keeps incorrectly linking to, then go to Tools>Add Account and follow the prompts to add the account. When you get to that Add/Link screen, if it's trying to link to an incorrect account, click the dropdown and select Add to Quicken.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Tom Dorrance,

I haven't seen a response from you. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.