Problems after the most recent download on Windows?

Bill O'Neil
Bill O'Neil Member ✭✭
edited August 18 in Investing (Windows)

Problem :

1. My custom view disappeared.
  2. Everything locked up.
  3. An announcement showed up my stock split are not correct and wiped out half my holdings.

Help

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @Bill O'Neil,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate. Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bill O'Neil
    Bill O'Neil Member ✭✭
    edited July 12

Thanks this helped but now I can't change files because it says this out of the blue. Also can't find where to turn online back up off.Don't think I ever turned it on.

• Quicken Anja

Thank you for following up.

Could you please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Backups, and provide a screenshot of that screen?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using Dropbox to backup your Quicken data files to?
    That's what it looks like to me …
    Depending on the upload speed of your Internet connection, the backup should complete in a few seconds.

Check your settings in Edit / Preferences / Backup to verify your backup settings. It's possible that a new bug in one of the latest updates has unintentionally altered your settings. Change them back to what you want / need them to be.

• Bill O'Neil
    Bill O'Neil Member ✭✭

That seems to help. Now I can't put in the prices on securities that aren't priced every day. Every time I put in a 1 followed by a . it becomes an 11. Ive changed keyboards thinking that was it but it doesn't make a difference.

• Quicken Anja

Hello again @Bill O'Neil,

The Online Backup error message you are receiving has been escalated and is now considered a known issue, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.