Improvement: Estate Planning field

Request a minor update to the Account Settings section for assets. It would be helpful if there was a new field for Primary Beneficiary, and one for Secondary Beneficiary as well, and the ability to produce an account summary report showing this information. This allows account owners to highlight where their estate plans need to be updated and what accounts might be vulnerable to probate. Also, it will assist the Personal Representative in distributive assets once the account holder passes.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @slarrimore,

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to the proper channels.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kirby
    Quicken Kirby I do not have Quicken yet Member, Moderator ✭✭

@slarrimore Thanks so much for the feedback and I apologize for being slow to respond.

I'm on the product team at Quicken and I love knowing what we can do to improve.

I'd like to make sure I fully understand your request. We should add the ability to designate beneficiaries for any asset item (like accounts, property, etc.). Should we add anything else about beneficiaries, like percentages?

Also, the report format idea sounds smart and a great way to review what you've entered. Are you willing/interested to give feedback on our designs for this feature?Thanks so much and I'd love to hear any ideas, large or small, at any time.

thanks,

Quicken Kirby