Discover It Credit Card transactions not updating

Operating system: Windows 10

Quicken Version: Classic Deluxe. Version R57.27. Build 27.1.57.26

Bank/card institution: Discover-It Credit Card

===

Problem: Discover It credit card x5434 has not updated transactions for the past 30 days. All other Discover Bank transactions are updating.

Error messages: none – it just fails to update.

Recent account password changes: none

Connection method: EWC

Other connections to Discover Bank: I have four other accounts, all of which, are working without problems.

I am also asking this question of Discover Bank technical support.

Comments

• TGSmith300
    TGSmith300 Member ✭✭

Having the same problem. No updates, nor error messages, for the last month.

• Stephen0320
    Stephen0320 Member ✭✭

Same, I just deactivated them for now. Very Frustrating!

I tried the Reset thing, the Deactivate and Activate thing, Even the log out and back on, nothing…

• dj_larson
    dj_larson Member ✭✭

My Discover card updated last week for a two-week period. Today, just my bank account updates, not the credit card. Been doing this off and on for the past three months.

Tried all of the suggestions, error still occurring.

• There is obviously a problem that is impacting several of us. I have a technical ticket that should still be open. I plan to escalate. When I was a technical manager and I had a problem involving two external vendors I would get everybody into a room/conference call where finger pointing was not allowed and we worked on the problem until it was fixed. I miss those days!

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27

Same here…my Discover CC account "disconnected"/stopped working for downloads about 7/20/24. My Discover Bank account not affected. 2 "Reconnect" attempts so far were unsuccessful with "Care Code: FDP-105, Details: FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE Website is temporarily unavailable."

(Quicken for Mac Version 7.8.2 (Build 708.53926.100))

• RMiller2
    RMiller2 Member

I have opened support tickets with both Quicken and Discover several times over the past two months. Discover says if you can see your information when you log into the web, so can Quicken and their screen scrapping is the problem. Quicken keeps saying it is a Discover issue, but they can't really say what. I believe the issue is a Quicken problem and they appear to be unwilling to apply the resources necessary to address the problem. I have been a Quicken user for over a decade, but if this is the lack of support they are going to offer, then perhaps it is time to find an alternative.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited July 30

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-10602)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bryantmst4
    bryantmst4 Member
    edited July 30

[Removed - Rant]

• George Agich
    George Agich Member ✭✭✭

Jasmine,

I appreciate your comment, but I've done that previously as have others not only now, but over the last few months, but no action and certainly no updated information about this issue to users. I spoke with two agents in the last few days and they read to me from scripts and were clearly not very knowledgeable. They said to check back. Such help!!!

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭

UPDATE: I was able to reconnect my Discover CC account today (7/31/24 @ 1:20pm PDT). My transactions since 7/20 downloaded successfully. (But now my Vanguard account(s) are not downloading/connecting….just temporary I hope!) 😳

• tvand
    tvand Member ✭✭

My Discover Bank accounts are connecting and cc is now not. "Oops, cc-502"

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭

Oops, like @tvand said, my Discover CC not connecting again. I have not tried a "disconnect & reconnect" yet…waiting a bit to see if it "self-resolves" in the near future.

• Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭

UPDATE: Quicken/Discover Credit Card transaction download capability was restored for me as of Tuesday 8/20/24. (No "re-connect" or Quicken changes needed from me…just started working again).

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭

Thanks, same here