Memorized Payee Category (split) disappears

ROMAY
ROMAY Member ✭✭

On my Windows computer, on the R57.26 version of quicken, I create a Memorized payee that is a credit, and I split the money into different categories. I lock the transaction.

I have these unchecked.

For some reason the payee's split disappears. I can down load transactions. It is fine.

I can accept the downloaded transactions. It is fine. Then, I am finished for the month. I sync to the cloud. It is fine. I Come back to it in a few weeks, and the split is gone.

I wouldn't care so much but it splits into 10 different categories that I have recreated over and over again.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @ROMAY,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? When the splits vanish, are they disappearing only from the most recent instance of this memorized transaction, or do they vanish from every instance of the transaction in your register? Have you checked to make sure you're opening your most current Quicken file? You mentioned that you sync to the cloud; does the split reflect correctly in the cloud, even after it has vanished in the desktop copy of your file?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ROMAY
    ROMAY Member ✭✭

Thank you for the response. I just discovered that when I sync my quicken file to the cloud, it removed the split. 😠

Is there a work around for this problem? I believe quicken saves things on my "one drive", on line storage.

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

When did this issue start? You mentioned earlier that everything was fine after syncing to the cloud. Did that recently change, or is the issue with the split vanishing after syncing to the cloud a one-time occurrence? Have you taken any action to restore the missing information, such as restoring a backup from before it went missing, or manually re-entering the split?

If Quicken is saving things, like your backups, to OneDrive, that is fine. If your main Quicken file itself is synced with OneDrive, I'd recommend moving the file to a location on your local hard drive that is not synced with OneDrive. If that is not possible, then I'd recommend making sure to pause OneDrive while you are using Quicken.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• ROMAY
    ROMAY Member ✭✭

Hello Kristina. Thanks again for your support. I have been fighting this battle for a while now. I was in an on line chat with a quicken rep yesterday and we thought we had fixed the problem. I created the split. Synced to the quicken cloud and the split was gone. The rep suggested I go to edit->preferences->mobile and web-> and reset my cloud data. That seemed to work. I could sync over and over again and the split was still there. I thought that had taken care of it and started entering transactions, downloading transactions, moving money from one cat to another. I don’t believe I synced again and the split was gone… again. {:-(

I have taken your advice and moved everything off of the online storage and on to my PC. I will play around a bit more, hoping that your suggestion fixes it. If not, I will fill you in on everything else I have tried. Thanks again!

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta

I also have been struggling with this issue for some time. Quicken support took data files to review issue and stated they are aware of the issue of data disappearing from the memorized payee list when syncing to the web. Obviously to date the issue is still present.

Personally, I have these issues with the memorized payee list… (I keep a list of memorized payees between a datafile syncing to the web and one not syncing)

• Payees completely disappear
    • Categories disappear from the payee
    • Split categories disappear from the payee
    • Lock and Show on calendar checks disappear
    • Most recently multiple (18) entries were added for my mortgage payment in the memorized payee list - (I do not have automatically memorize payees enabled but somehow quicken decided to memorize this payee)

I've done all the things you mention above as well as copying a "good" datafile and enabling mobile and web on the copied file. What starts out as a complete list of memorized payees then just continually becomes corrupt with the items noted above.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @maxwelwp,

You mentioned you contacted Quicken Support about this issue; did you have the ticket # from when you contacted them handy? You mentioned you've been struggling with the issue for some time; do you recall roughly when the issue first started? Is this happening only when you have cloud sync on?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited August 16

they did not provide a ticket # that I can find in the correspondence. I do have a couple of names and/or emails I can provide however if u would like those (not sure should be published to this forum).

Yes - this issue only occurs with the cloud sync datafile. Just started using 2 datafiles and syncing one to the cloud in 2024 and the memorized payee list has always become corrupt over time. The datafile not syncing remains intact.

Also the datafile syncing to the cloud is a copy (with different filename of course) of my "good" datafile. Did not want issues to arise with that file as I have had issue with cloud sync in the past and mostly quit using it. This has been a test in progress and aside from this issue, seems mostly reliable now.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

I sent you a DM. To view it, please click the envelope icon near the upper right.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(CTP-9035)

Quicken Kristina