Voya Institutional Retirement Account for Gwinnett County has Zero Balance

Casablanca
Casablanca Member ✭✭

I recently setup an account in QFM for my new employers retirement plan: Gwinnett County Retirement Plans 401(a) and 457(b) administered by Voya. The setup was quick and easy. After the first deposit into the plan, QFM displayed the correct balance. However, sometime this week the accounts have displayed a zero balance. I deleted the accounts and went through the setup again. The last screen (see attached screenshot) in QFM account setup even shows the correct balance. However, the account balance in the sidebar is still zero.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Casablanca,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide additional information. Do you have the tracking method for your account set to Simple or Detailed? To check this, click the account to select it, then go to Accounts>Settings. On the Details tab, you should see a tracking method section.

If it is set to Simple, please backup your Quicken file, then try switching to Detailed (if it gives you that option), and see if switching to Detailed resolves the issue.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina…Thanks for responding to my request for help. The account does not support the "Detailed" investment tracking option. When I click on that option, I get the message shown on this screenshot:

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

Also getting zero balance with Voya. The problem started today 7/28/24

• Quicken Kristina
    edited August 5

Thank you for your reply @Casablanca & @redvw,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if you haven't already done so, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-10645)

Quicken Kristina

• dkbyers
    dkbyers Member ✭✭

also having zero balance on institutional Voya account starting a few days ago. Quicken for mac with susbcription. Have deleted and re-added the accounts and balance still zero

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Casablanca and @dkbyers,

So that we can further investigate this issue, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports are necessary for our teams to further investigate this issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

@redvw,

Are you encountering this issue with Gwinnett County Retirement Plans? If not, then which financial institution are you encountering this issue with?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• dkbyers
    dkbyers Member ✭✭

I will submit a problem report. No. I just came across this post when I searched problems with Voya. I have a voya institutional account with southern ohio medical center than all of the sudden then to zero balance

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

I submitted my log files yesterday and today for the zero-dollar balance with a Voya-managed account.

• Quicken Kristina
    edited July 30

Thank you for your reply @redvw,

Based on the log files you submitted, the financial institution you're encountering this problem with (New York City Deferred Comp Plan) is already a known issue, which has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 11198783/CTP-10585)

@dkbyers,

Thank you for the clarification. I can see the issue you're encountering is already a known issue, although no alert has been issued for it. The ticket for that known issue is CTP-10578.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina…I just submitted the log files as requested. Thanks for your assistance!

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

This issue is still not fixed. It was reported in July, and Quicken should update the Community on the progress of the resolution.

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

This issue persists, even after today's Quicken update. All of my accounts with New York City Deferred Compensation managed by Voya report $0. This issue is almost one month old. Why can't Quicken fix this issue? Why doesn't Quicken update its paying customers about the progress of this fix?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 23

@redvw I can't answer your question about exactly what's going on, but I can give you some context.

First, updates to the Quicken Mac application almost never have anything to do with resolving connectivity problems. That's because connectivity is handled at the server level, not your desktop program. It's very rare for an update to the program to be needed to resolve any connectivity issue. One day, a server fix will have been made and your downloads will suddenly be working — without needing to update the Quicken Mac application.

Second, Quicken contracts with Intuit to handle connectivity to financial institutions. (Quicken is a small company, and couldn't come close to handling connectivity with 10,000+ financial institutions.) Intuit rarely can get a connectivity problem fixed very quickly. Once an issue is documented, it goes into their queue, which I imagine can be quite large at times. Once they investigate what changed at the financial institution, in some cases they can re-write their code to make things work. But many time,s they need to reach out to the financial institution for cooperation to get things working again. Financial institution IT department quite often consider third-party connectivity one of their lowest priorities, so they aren't always quick to help. Sometimes there can be delays for as simple a reason as one of their programmers being on vacation. In any case, Quicken actually has no role in fixing the problem; it's either Intuit and the financial institution or Intuit themselves. And Quicken doesn't have detailed insight into the status of who's doing what, so they in turn can't update Quicken users.

None of that is satisfying, I know; you just want the [Removed - Language] thing to work, right! 😉 I'm just trying to give you an idea why connectivity issues like this often take multiple weeks, and more than a month in some cases, to get resolved.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

Much appreciated.

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭

I received a connection error today that asked me to reconnect my Gwinnett County Retirement Plans account managed by VOYA. Upon completing the reconnection procedure the accounts still show a zero balance in the sidebar despite QFM seeing the correct balances (see screenshot below) in the setup windows. I deleted and added the accounts and each time they display a zero balance in the sidebar. QFM appears to be able to gather the balance information during account setup from the FI, but unable to include the balances in the sidebar and account pages.

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

I have the same issue, which has been ongoing for several months. Please report it to Quicken Technical Support via the Quicken application. The app lets you send your log files and write comments about what is wrong with Quicken.

• Casablanca
    Casablanca Member ✭✭

@redvw This last post was an update. This is an update to my original post that started this thread. It appeared to gather the balance, but only shows a zero balance.

• redvw
    redvw Member ✭✭✭

Yes, it's the same issue I have. Hopefully Quicken, or Intuit will make a fix