TDBank online services disappeared, can't set up new connection

adamwadesmith
adamwadesmith Member ✭✭

I was connected to TDBank for several months, then I noticed today that the connection no longer exists. It might have been disconnected as early as July 15, since that is the date of my last reconciled transaction.

I tried to set up a new connection, but after entered username and password, I got the following message:

Activate One Step Update
Sorry. We encountered an error. (IT's not your fault.)

You can now restore or set up automated access to your accounts from TD Bank Online Banking.
Find out how at www.tdbank.com/securityupgrade.

When I visit the URL, I am redirected to the home page, and never get to securityupgrade.

So I'm stuck. How do I restore my connection to TDBank?

Thanks,

Adam Smith

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @adamwadesmith,

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly by phone or chat for further assistance as this issue will likely require an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

From the TDBank home page, the following is available when searching for Quicken using the Ask Us box near the bottom of the webpage.

How do I use Quicken and QuickBooks with Online Banking?

TD Bank provides access to your account information using Quicken and QuickBooks personal finance management (PFM) software. With this access you are able to:

• Access your checking, savings and money market accounts
    • Directly download balances and transaction history
    • Transfer funds between eligible accounts
    • Synchronize account information between PFMs and Online Banking
    • Analyze and report account activity using a variety of built-in tools

Full synchronization allows you to perform all the above functions through your Online Banking session and your PFM software at home and the office.

You will be required to use your Online Banking username and password (sometimes referred to as your PIN by the software) to access account information and send instructions.

Your copy of Quicken or QuickBooks may need to perform an update to retrieve the latest financial institution listing from the manufacturer and any other required software updates to access your accounts.

A call to TDBank Customer Service might be helpful, to let them know about the dead link and to ask them for up-to-date "security upgrade" instructions.

This discussion has been closed.