Quicken online service is still unavailable. I cannot update my accounts.

taffeys
taffeys Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

It has been more than 24 hours since Quicken's online service went offline, and we have not received any updates since the initial acknowledgment. This situation is unacceptable.

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R58.14 HF2 Build 27.1.58.14
Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

Comments

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you search the Community or the Quicken Support website regarding this message?
    Here's the solution:

How to resolve Error Message "Quicken online service is unavailable"

Recommend you also update Quicken to the latest release, R 58.8, by downloading and installing it from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• taffeys
    edited August 1

Thanks for your input. This is the reason I posted...

I have updated to R 58.8, just changed my signature.

• taffeys

This is the reason I posted this…

I have updated to R58.8 and updated my signature.

• husslein
    husslein Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭

same here updated to R58.8 and updated my signature

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @taffeys and @husslein,

Please be aware that we do update our alerts when new information is available. Currently, there is no new information regarding this alert nor is there a current ETA. I advise bookmarking the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• taffeys

Hello @Quicken Jasmine,

Thank you for your post. We are all here because we are Quicken Customers and have paid for a product. I have been a Quicken user for over 30 years. When a product does not function as offered we customers are owed and expect timely status updates. Since you are customer support that is one of your responsibilities. If you are not given timely updates you should be escalating the issue to Quicken management on behalf of your customers and advising us customers.

• UKR

@taffeys ,

are you saying that both solutions I posted above DID NOT solve your problem? They usually do. I do not have this problem any longer.

If the problem still persists and you haven't done so already, I recommend rebooting both your Windows system AND your Internet router.

• taffeys
    edited August 1

• UKR

Well, I'm sorry it's not working for you.
    OTOH, it's working for me, without problems. And there don't seem to be too many other Quicken users suffering from the same problem. If there were, this Community message board would be swamped with traffic.
    This therefore leads my to believe that the problem is local to your computer.

Please read and review the comment I recently posted here:

Maybe going through the list will point you to a solution to your problem.

• husslein
    husslein Quicken Windows 2017 Member ✭✭

I think @UKR is correct. Initially, I did not think the above solution resolved the problem. However, in following it precisely - it did resolve the problem for me. after upgrading to R58.8, I thought I had updated my signature (by exiting Quicken). When that did not work, I did a complete exit via "Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID" tabs/selections and signed out/signed in as a "new" user ("new" = really my existing user credentials). After this refined step, the problem was solved for me.

• taffeys
    edited August 1

Jasmine's notification post from 36 hours ago has garnered 386 views, which is a significant number. The solution you provided did not work. If Quicken hasn't resolved the issue by tomorrow morning, I will give it another try. Thanks for your input.

• markus1957
    markus1957 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

R58.9 HF1 was offered after OSU this morning. The release notes indicate it should fix this issue. You may have to wait for the manual patch to get posted on the Quicken Support website before you can apply it.

• taffeys

Thank you markus1957! I just updated to R58.9 and am now able to update my accounts.

• taffeys

I just noticed that with the update to R58.9 the new data and backup files and the program top ribbon display are still showing version R58.8. Is anyone else seeing this?

This discussion has been closed.